This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Genso Suikoden - Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki [JAP] - NPJH50535
(02-11-2012, 04:10 PM)ryosaeba Wrote: thankiu for the info guys. Today i finally manage to run it with 2303 version & with media engine un-check. No movie & no music, only sound effect.
But what the heck, my fps is only frickin 10-15fps average. Big Grin
My system is quite powerful: intel q9400 quadcore @3,2ghz / 8gb RAM / Radeon 5770. not even reaching 20fps. Tongue

What fps do u guys get?

Any suggestion for improving fps to playable rate?

Media Engine can be enabled for version 2303. The game will not be stopped when the movie error occurs. Music can be played but not movie.

people who is claming 15+ fps are using nvidia card??
i am on an ATI and i cant get it to work...too damn slow
(02-12-2012, 04:51 PM)jajagerman Wrote: people who is claming 15+ fps are using nvidia card??

no, i use ATI radeon 5770. but i think the problem is not on the graphic card, but more on processor power as always is the case for emulator.
or does jpcsp rely heavily on the graphic card more than processor?
what processor u're using rite now?

@zechschan
when i enable the media engine the game can't play, i use 64bit.
i will try the 32bit ver.
i see in your screenshot u got 30fps, how can u do that?
do u have quite a powerful system?

(02-13-2012, 05:31 PM)ryosaeba Wrote:
(02-12-2012, 04:51 PM)jajagerman Wrote: people who is claming 15+ fps are using nvidia card??

no, i use ATI radeon 5770. but i think the problem is not on the graphic card, but more on processor power as always is the case for emulator.

@zechschan
when i enable the media engine the game can't play, i use 64bit.
i will try the 32bit ver.
i see in your screenshot u got 30fps, how can u do that?
do u have quite a powerful system?

Not every version of Jpcsp can skip the Media Engine error. I use 32bit version. Build 2211 does not work but Build 2303 is okay.
My CPU is Intel Core i7 920. I only have about 13fps, it is hyakki who has 30fps. You cannot expect to be as god as hyakki. This person is a beta-tester of Jpcsp. The well-known JPCSPLauncher tool is also made by this person.
(02-13-2012, 05:31 PM)ryosaeba Wrote:

i'm running ati 5770 aswell and phenom II quad core micro.

With vertex cache on im having ~15fps. The problem is after the cut-scene on the begining when you are about to engage the wild boars, the game suddenly crashes.
The shaders are not working properly, the characters models becomes funny and ugly.

i'm testing with hyakki version, r2335.

EDIT: I manage to get past the battle, but seconds later this strange screens appears
[Image: 2uig8at.jpg]
any ideas what that might be?
Finally, got it to work at 30 FPS with this:
[Image: 2uy69nq.jpg]
The game works fine so far, but it looks kinda ugly. However it looks nice in towns.
[Image: 2vlqp76.jpg]

running on JPCSP r2335 32 bits media engine off
phenom 2 quad core, ati 5770, 4gb ram
(02-15-2012, 12:50 AM)jajagerman Wrote: Finally, got it to work at 30 FPS with this:
[Image: 2uy69nq.jpg]
The game works fine so far, but it looks kinda ugly. However it looks nice in towns.
[Image: 2vlqp76.jpg]

running on JPCSP r2335 32 bits media engine off
phenom 2 quad core, ati 5770, 4gb ram

thankiu, ur info helped me to get about 20fps+ with ur setting.
its so much better and i consider it playable now. music is also playable with media engine enabled. the only draw back for now is only we can't play the movies.

i see in ur screenshot u get blurry images, u can check the "enable saving GE screen to textures instead of memory" option to get rid of that, and now ur screen will be clean. just some minor polygon error, like they have some sort of triangle polygon coming out of their body.
ow, and i want to confirm 1 thing. i have tried the 64bit ver, and it cannot play the music with media engine enabled.
only the 32bit ver can. the 32bit ver is a better option.
ryosaeba:
the option "enable saving GE screen to textures instead of memory" seems to work fine. thanks for the tip, now the game looks almost perfect.
-media engine seems to lower FPS a bit
-cinematics doesnt work. at least with my config already posted.
-i cant hear the music neither the voices. some random SFX works (sound of weapon for example)
-the game works just fine so far, maybe we should move the thread to playable games.
Who will tell me what options to put in the emulator version 0.6 r2450
indeed, the game works fine till you go back to your town with your group to have a soup. After the lines in the picture the game freezes. If anyone somehow manage to get past that dialog post it here please.
[Image: 2aihisg.jpg]