This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I legitally transfer my PSP games to my PC?
I legitamitely own all my PSP games and I have an unmodded PSP system. I want to transfer my games to my PC (but still keep my original physical PSP games), but I don't know how to do it. I don't want any mods to be installed on my PSP and I want to transfer the games legitally. I know that the JCPSP emulator has a Decrytper checkbox under Configuration, but I don't know how to actually use this feature. I tried connecting my PSP to my PC via a USB cable, but my PC doesn't recognize the PSP at all. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if I spelled some stuff wrong, my spelling isn't the best any more.

Thanks.
Download umdgen and connect your psp(with the game inside) to the pc and open umdgen,at batch image converter it should apear the game and start batch
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
(02-08-2012, 01:20 PM)virgil94 Wrote: Download umdgen and connect your psp(with the game inside) to the pc and open umdgen,at batch image converter it should apear the game and start batch

Okay, thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. I downloaded the program, but neither the program, nor my PC recognizes my PSP system at all. I connected it to the PC via a USB cable, is that all that I need to do for my PC to recognize my PSP? Or am I missing some steps in that process?

Thanks.

EDIT: Okay, I figured out that I needed to set the PSP to USB Mode. My PC detects the PSP as an external drive, but I still can't get my PC (or UMDgen) to recognize the PSP game that is in my PSP. Is there something else that needs to be done so that my PC/UMDgen can recognize that a game is in my PSP system? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Have you tried to run the game?Run the game and open umdgen
(02-09-2012, 02:21 PM)virgil94 Wrote: Have you tried to run the game?Run the game and open umdgen

I tried running the game, but my PC only detects my PSP (and its memory stick) during USB mode. I can't load a game while in USB mode (or at least I don't know how to). I set the PSP to auto-load a game when a disc is in, but it still doesn't load the game if I am in USB mode. It seems that my PC recognizes the memory stick of the PSP, but not other stuff.
I was saying to run the game but not in usb mode.Exit from usb mode and run the game,then open umdgen
i wasn't able to do anything with umdgen either, it doesn't detect my psp, even in a clean un-modded state, and ignores the umd while the cfw way gives me a very easy access to the disc.

googling around doesn't show that umdgen can dump the umds, and i couldn't find anything about dumping umds from a clean, unmodded psp. everything was either for outdated firmware or cfw.
I have found that there is a tool to dump umds but it works on Custom firmware only.If you have a cf you can make the iso.Sorry if the information was wrong.
If you want to dump a umd just install the semipermanent cf pro,After you dump the umd you can freely uninstall it
(02-10-2012, 07:35 PM)virgil94 Wrote: I have found that there is a tool to dump umds but it works on Custom firmware only.If you have a cf you can make the iso.Sorry if the information was wrong.
If you want to dump a umd just install the semipermanent cf pro,After you dump the umd you can freely uninstall it

How do I download & install cf pro? Can that brick my PSP system? Is there a particular ver. I should get for Custom Firmware Pro? I believe I have the PSP 3000 series and my firmware is 6.39.
http://code.google.com/p/procfw/

it doesn't actually flash your system, so the chances of bricking are almost 0 as far as i know. it all works from the memory card and loads into the memory that gets wiped every time you turn the psp off.

you can update your firmware to 6.60 too, since it supports that as well, but if you don't wanna there's a version for 6.39 too. model doesn't matter i think, since it works even on an e1000 model which is newer than both go and 3000.

639PRO-B10.fix1.rar is probably the one you want then.

http://code.google.com/p/procfw/wiki/Installation will tell you how to install it. since you don't want permanent changes, don't copy over 620PRO_Permanent nor CIPLFlasher since both of them will alter your psp and increase the chance of bricking.

you'll need the seplugins folder and psp/game/fastrecovery and psp/game/proupdate copied to your memory stick. proupdate to install, fastrecovery to start it after psp reboot.

after all of that is done, press select while the cfw is active and it'll open the cfw menu. change usb device from memory stick to umd disc, then load your umd into the psp, connect it to the pc with the usb cable and it should show the umd as an iso file in a new removable disk type thing that pops up in my computer. you can copypaste it to your desktop from that.