This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dlc in jpcsp
is it possible?

i once tried to transfer the dlc files to jpcsp's memory card folder, but it failed miserably unless i did something wrong.

the game detected the files exist but refused to load them, unless that function's simply not implemented yet. is it?
(10-22-2010, 09:33 AM)serio Wrote: is it possible?

i once tried to transfer the dlc files to jpcsp's memory card folder, but it failed miserably unless i did something wrong.

the game detected the files exist but refused to load them, unless that function's simply not implemented yet. is it?

The DLC I know are put in the savegame folder and you can say it contains a "savegame". But these savegame files are encrypted (like from a real PSP) and therefore cannot be loaded with JPCSP.

Unless there is some decrypter for that (which I highly doubt) ...
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
hmm. so, that would even happen with free dlc then?
(10-22-2010, 03:43 PM)serio Wrote: hmm. so, that would even happen with free dlc then?

I think so, yes.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
I tried to play Bleach: Heat the Soul 4 with a save of a friend (100%), but it only loaded about 10 characters or so...
(10-22-2010, 05:11 PM)sashodada Wrote: I tried to play Bleach: Heat the Soul 4 with a save of a friend (100%), but it only loaded about 10 characters or so...

Well, in that cause I assume you have 10 characters from the start. Try it without any saves or delete/move the saves away, I'm sure it will be the same result.
no, the characters are a lot different from the start
(10-23-2010, 07:46 AM)sashodada Wrote: no, the characters are a lot different from the start

Well, I don't own the game but it seems odd to me that it partitaly loads some savegame. The whole savegame is encrypted and it's either all or nothing.
it probably loads the saves as some random data if it's encrypted.

i tried to use a friend's savefile for ikkitousen since he had much more stuff unlocked and the game's a nightmare to clear (takes ungodly amounts of time to beat arcade mode on hard, and you have to beat it with every single character. you have to beat it on hard to unlock the extra outfit, and then beat each difficulty level for extra colors), but it got randomly scrambled instead.

some characters got unlocked, others got locked even though they were supposed to be starter characters, available from the beginning, key settings and options got scrambled, missions randomly got unlocked too etc.
Has anyone made any changes for this?
One more time!