This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black/White Screen when loading game
psp 
So i can get the game to load up and start and get to the menu and all that but whenever i try to load my game or start a new game the whole thing just freezes at 3FPS. Any solution? I would appreciate thx.
do you really expect help with that kind of description? we will need alittle more info about your problem
1. Game you are trying to run and things you have already tried. <and verified game was infact in the playable section>
2. Your cpu, gpu, ram, os & java version
3. Jpcsp revision
Quote:1. Game you are trying to run and things you have already tried. <and verified game was infact in the playable section>
also a log at info level would be nice.
I have the same problem as well:
The game I'm trying is Oneechanbara Special, I've turned on the Only GE Graphic option, without it the screen only black/white, but with it on the screen now flickers. Also the game now runs very slow. My specs are : CPU : Intel Dual Core 2.8 Ghz E5500, VGA : Radeon HD 4650 1 Gb, RAM : 3 Gb, OS : XP Professional, I forgot my Java version but I'm sure i'ts the latest version (since I've downloaded it not so long ago) My JPCSP version is 2452. As for the log, i don't know how to log it, can you tell me how?
(02-04-2012, 09:02 AM)takerukain Wrote: As for the log, i don't know how to log it, can you tell me how?

Debug -> Tools -> Logger -> Show Logger -> Select INFO. Load & Run. Compress and post the generated log.html
Here's my log :

I've managed to make it run, but with the screen flickering like crazy I can barely see the screen, here's the setting i've used :
Only GE graphics
Use vertex cache
use shaders
enable saving GE creen to textures instead of memory
enable decoding on indexed textures
enable dynamic shader generation (for ATI & AMD)

From what i see the game runs pretty smoothly, but with no graphics.... Huh

Attached Files
.html   log.html (Size: 45.8 KB / Downloads: 134)
Quote:the screen flickering like crazy
i think only ge graphics does that more often than not. try disabling it.

also
Quote: ERROR ge Shader error log: Vertex shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.
Fragment shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.
Vertex shader(s) linked, fragment shader(s) linked.
Validation failed! - Different sampler types for same sample texture unit in fragment shader.
373328 GUI WARN ge Shaders do not run correctly on your computer. They have been automatically disabled.
maybe try updating your drivers.
I tried disabling it, but it only give monotone screen. As for the driver, i've downloaded the latest version too.... is ATI drivers really that incompatible?
ati drivers are generally buggy and have a lot of problems with shaders. i hear disabling shaders will enable the colors, but it'll also slow the whole game down a lot so yeah.

disbling the shaders does nothing, i guess i have to wait 'till i buy a new pc -_- nvidia is better than ati right?