This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.A.Q Xuggle And linux users
how to install xuggle library on linux-x86

Xuggle installer for Linux-x86 i686

To install xuggle installer just type in the following Console comand

Code:
sh xuggle-xuggler.3.4.1012-i686-pc-linux-gnu.sh (file.sh)

Do you agree to the license terms above? and you acepted licence "y"

Specify directory to install to /home/user/xuggler or similar

I recommend opinion personal - that the installation of the xuggle installed in the path: /home/user/xuggler, or in a folder that you have full access

now need to add the classpath in this way,
if you have other programs that use Java will be necessary to modify the CLASSPATH value at the system level in Unix systems is done by modifying /etc/profile or profile of the user's ~/. bashrc, (Home/.bashrc) as follows:

Code:
type in the console gedit .bashrc

For example in my case instalation rute on /home/maximu/xuggler

And copy in the file

export XUGGLE_HOME=/home/maximu/xuggler
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$XUGGLE_HOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export PATH=$XUGGLE_HOME/bin:$PATH

Optional you used netbeans IDE with mediaengine support
Code:
sudo apt-get install netbeans - In the Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10 By default used OpenJDK
Note I've seen that with OpenJDK  crashes mediaengine some games, if you use the Sun JDK does not happen Or viceversa crashes

Note to work classpath for xuggle library in netbeans ide : terminal write netbeans

install JRE Sun Note multiverse repository is enabled Very important (Recomended Some times JRE sun is better perfomance)

Code:
sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre

and JDK sun install (only if used IDE Compiler source)

Code:
sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jdk

Any doubt expose your question here:

But two things

Note : There are games that crash mediaengine in linux, either using the open plugin or plugin privative of sun, there may be games that performance be much less or working sound experymental compared with windows version no idea if drivers perfomance or bug java linux version with Xuggle library.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 1388267.png]