This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midnight Club: L.A. Remix - ULES01144
(02-23-2022, 04:44 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: Hi gid15, is there anything else that can be looked into that will help with fixing these graphics issues on either graphics backend (OpenGL & External Software Renderer)?
I'm working to improve the graphics recording so that it could debug it on my side...
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(03-05-2022, 01:57 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(02-23-2022, 04:44 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: Hi gid15, is there anything else that can be looked into that will help with fixing these graphics issues on either graphics backend (OpenGL & External Software Renderer)?
I'm working to improve the graphics recording so that it could debug it on my side...
I've now added new menu items under Debug: Start Graphics Recording / Stop Graphics Recording. Could you please try to generate such a recording in an area showing graphics issues? When stopping the record, a file record.bin is created in Jpcsp. Please compress it before uploading. Record only during a few seconds as the generated file could be quite large, depending on the rendered graphics.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
I attached the record.bin compressed as a 7-Zip file. Sometimes the option doesn't work when I click Stop Graphics Recording (the recording only stops when I close the emulator).

Attached Files
.7z   record (MCLAR - OpenGL).7z (Size: 1.15 MB / Downloads: 89)
The shader implementation for the option "Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)" has been improved in f596868 and previous commits. I also see improvements with the provided recording.
Could you please retest?
On aabff280, the option "Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)" has improved as there isn't a reflection of graphics appearing in the foreground. However, there are times when the textures stick out of cars, during collisions, or out of buildings (1st - 3rd Screenshot). The cars can also have a weird green glow below the car (5th Screenshot). The text doesn't appear to be properly rendered on the 4th Screenshot (the i in Nitro doesn't appear correctly).

Also, the map still doesn't appear on the bottom left corner on OpenGL in comparison to the External Software Renderer.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.7z   jpcsp-aabff280-record (MCLAR).7z (Size: 1.9 MB / Downloads: 86)
(04-04-2022, 11:30 PM)DragonNeos Wrote: Also, the map still doesn't appear on the bottom left corner on OpenGL in comparison to the External Software Renderer.
Could you try again with 9480f16 (or later)? I have fixed the scissor handling. From the recording, the map was rendered inside a scissor area.
(04-08-2022, 04:02 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 11:30 PM)DragonNeos Wrote: Also, the map still doesn't appear on the bottom left corner on OpenGL in comparison to the External Software Renderer.
Could you try again with 9480f16 (or later)? I have fixed the scissor handling. From the recording, the map was rendered inside a scissor area.
I tried on revision d8adfcc7 and the map is now visible on the bottom left side of the screen. Other graphics issues like the license plate not fully appearing on the back of the car or other problems mentioned on my previous post still persist.

This issue still exists when trying to resize the resolution on the emulator:
(01-29-2022, 08:20 PM)DragonNeos Wrote: 1) On OpenGL, resizing the resolution while the game is running causes the screen to turn black. The graphics is frozen (even after going back to original resolution) but the audio is still running in the background. I can resize with the External Software Renderer but it appears to have graphical bugs when doing so (graphics are still moving).

Should the performance on OpenGL be consistent on any resolution? On 1x, I get around 5-6 FPS. On 2x, I get 2-3 FPS. These are the settings that I use:
Code:
[X] Use vertex cache
[X] Use shaders
[X] Enable saving GE screen to textures instead of memory
[X] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders, recommended for AMD/ATI)
[X] Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)

.7z   jpcsp-d8adfcc7-record (MCLAR).7z (Size: 1.52 MB / Downloads: 89)
(04-09-2022, 11:10 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: Other graphics issues like the license plate not fully appearing on the back of the car or other problems mentioned on my previous post still persist.
This might be related to the use of the Vertex Cache, and maybe also the "spikes" and strange color glows. When seeing such an issue, does it change something when you select "Debug / Clear vertex cache" while running? Is it resolving temporary the issue?
(04-09-2022, 11:10 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: This issue still exists when trying to resize the resolution on the emulator:
Is there an improvement with 98ba042 when resizing with the OpenGL renderer?
Yes, on revision 98ba0425 when I come across a graphical issue, if I click "Clear vertex cache" the issue temporarily goes away until I encounter the next instance later in the track (first record.bin file).

There is an improvement with resizing on the OpenGL renderer on 1x, 2x, or 3x but clicking on maximize on the top right causes the emulator to increase to an unusual size resolution like 1499 x 836 on the second screenshot (second record.bin file).

.7z   jpcsp-98ba0425-record (MCLAR).7z (Size: 1.89 MB / Downloads: 78)