This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Infrastructure support
And now the PS3 updates got discontinued as well.
I feel like every day could be a day they shutdown the online mode for the games and its unfortunate.
Preserving online support for games is kinda important.
I would try some games later but I still struggle a bit with JPCSP lol.
(04-15-2021, 02:21 PM)Nir777 Wrote: And now the PS3 updates got discontinued as well.
I feel like every day could be a day they shutdown the online mode for the games and its unfortunate.
Well, trying out won't preserve anything Wink

It would require someone re-implementing the PSN server-side functionality that is being shutdown, which is nothing trivial. It seems 1UP was able to re-implement the server-side functionality required by a few games, which is a good start. Not sure how far he can go in this direction...
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
I know but I know that using emulators also makes things easier for developers because I know some of them use emulators to test things out.
Also just seeing it work on other things that are not on the console itself is nice to see before they all go off...
(04-15-2021, 03:25 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 02:21 PM)Nir777 Wrote: And now the PS3 updates got discontinued as well.
Well, trying out won't preserve anything Wink

It would require someone re-implementing the PSN server-side functionality that is being shutdown, which is nothing trivial. It seems 1UP was able to re-implement the server-side functionality required by a few games, which is a good start. Not sure how far he can go in this direction...

The games I currently have working don't have anything to do with PSN so even if that were to go down it wouldn't matter.

The games that are currently supported on our server are:

NTSC
Code:
ATV Off Road Fury Blazin' Trails
NBA 07
Gretzky NHL 2k5
NBA
NBA 06
Gretzky NHL 06
SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 2
SOCOM Fireteam Bravo Beta
MLB

Some of these I've tested with jpcsp and some I haven't.

One that I have tested but isn't listed was Twisted Metal Head on which does work however the server has some other issues that have to be resolved before I make that one public.
Hey.
I made packet captures for the remaining PSP games that still got working infrastructure/online support.
Here are the captures :
https://mega.nz/folder/sZInkSIJ#YpnpcN22WfUoM1M48OqQzw
Hopefully it could be useful.