This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Namco Museum Vol. 2 - ULJS-00047
[font=Times New Roman]
Namco Museum Vol. 2 Compatibility: Works, but with half of the screen visible on some arcade games and missing graphics, sprites, and slow-downs. I used Jpcsp v0.7 cc4e331.
How it works so far:

Pac-Man Arrangement

Gameplay works fine, went from start to finish. On some bosses, Inky's hat has sharp objects. This is also the same for Pac-Man and the ghosts. The ghost eyes are not connected to the ghost body.

Motos Arrangement

Gameplay works fine, went from start to finish. There is a few sharp objects in the game, the only catch is that on some levels, the right bar becomes black and becomes slow at some levels.

King & Balloon

Gameplay works fine, but the right bar of the screen is missing, same to Motos Arrangement. When I was playing, the king did not move to that missing part, even though I can't see my characters if I lead them to that side and can shoot. When I was configuring the settings, I noticed that it did not showed the settings I chose, like the screen size and rotation, even the scores where I get an extra life or not.

Bosconian

One of my favorite Namco games in my opinion. Gameplay works fine but I can't see how many lives and where is the enemy bases I need to shoot, and even the condition and scores, but I can remember the condition by listening to the sounds and in configuration, same like King & Balloon, only I can see the lives. I managed to get through a few rounds, and got the high score.

Xevious

One of Namco's most hardest games in the Plug & Play, it worked fine, but the music and the gameplay is sometimes slow, too. There was no problems, only these I pointed out.

Mappy:

I was really glad that Mappy worked fine, due to being it so easy to me that I'm really skilled. Anyway, the same results as Xevious. I know many people enjoyed memories of this game on the Plug & Play.

The Tower of Druaga:

This has the same results as Xevious. I think the game's okay, since I'm not a fan of manga. This is really awesome, playing as Sir Knight Gil rescuing Ki from Druaga! I did not finish it, but I used continues in the Nintendo Switch version, almost to round 50. Luckily, if I save my games, I get to continue where I left off.

Grobda:

Wow, you control an enemy tank from Xevious, which does not attack the Xevious spaceship, Solvalou. Same results as Xevious. Since I don't want to say this has results, it is for these games:
Dragon Buster
Dig Dug II
Motos
Rolling Thunder

Dragon Spirit:

I was hoping for a game same to Xevious on a PSP without using real hardware, it does not boot at all.

Here is the log file:
[attachment=34777]
NOTE: I got the Game Sharing, Bosconian, and King & Balloon working. Here is the log file:

.zip   log.zip (Size: 3.9 KB / Downloads: 153)    

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thank you for your report!
Could you please post a log file (see my signature), this would be a first step to try to investigate the issues you mentioned.

Thank you!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Strange, your log file seems to be incomplete. It doesn't seem to include any run of the game.

From your settings, have tried to enable the option "Enable saving GE screen to textures instead of memory"? This might help the case where only half of the screen is visible.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(05-29-2020, 02:41 PM)gid15 Wrote: Strange, your log file seems to be incomplete. It doesn't seem to include any run of the game.

From your settings, have tried to enable the option "Enable saving GE screen to textures instead of memory"? This might help the case where only half of the screen is visible.
Where do I go so I can enable that?
(06-02-2020, 08:27 PM)JPCSPGamer Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 02:41 PM)gid15 Wrote: Strange, your log file seems to be incomplete. It doesn't seem to include any run of the game.

Go under the menu "Options / Settings...", then select the "Video" tab and enable "Enable saving GE screen to textures instead of memory", press "OK".
(06-03-2020, 05:04 AM)gid15 Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 08:27 PM)JPCSPGamer Wrote:

Go under the menu "Options / Settings...", then select the "Video" tab and enable "Enable saving GE screen to textures instead of memory", press "OK".
Thanks for it!
Well, this is not the only game to feature multiple games with the half-screen issue. Namco Museum Battle Collection, which came out in NA\EU, while Namco Museum came out in Japan and Korea.[/font]    
Hello. I fixed the problem for King & Balloon and Bosconian. I posted a log file and some screenshots.

.zip   log.zip (Size: 3.9 KB / Downloads: 142)
(06-19-2020, 08:21 PM)JPCSPGamer Wrote: Hello. I fixed the problem for King & Balloon and Bosconian. I posted a log file and some screenshots.
Is it this option that fixed the issue?
Code:
16:17:02  INFO      emu - GUI -     [X] Enable saving GE screen to textures instead of memory
(06-21-2020, 06:37 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 08:21 PM)JPCSPGamer Wrote: Hello. I fixed the problem for King & Balloon and Bosconian. I posted a log file and some screenshots.
Code:
16:17:02  INFO      emu - GUI -     [X] Enable saving GE screen to textures instead of memory
Yes, it did fix the issue.

(06-21-2020, 06:49 PM)JPCSPGamer Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 06:37 PM)gid15 Wrote:
Code:
Yes, it did fix the issue.
And also, this works for Namco Museum Battle Collection, which means games in Battle Collection and Vol. 2, before 1983, I guess, will work with the settings I chose. This will work for Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaxian, Galaga, Dig Dug, Rally-X, and New Rally-X.