This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to remove the umd cd plastic cover?
I'd like to make an .iso image of my game but I need to know how to remove that CD plastic tray (without breaking it) in order to rip the disc through my PC DVD drive.

No, I don't have a PSP, that's why I need to use a PC to rip my disc.

Any tutorial will be welcome.

Thanks.
Roger.
(10-12-2010, 03:48 PM)rcoltrane Wrote: I'd like to make an .iso image of my game but I need to know how to remove that CD plastic tray (without breaking it) in order to rip the disc through my PC DVD drive.

Thanks.
Roger.

OK, legally it would be fine if you own the game BUT technically I highly doubt you can read the "naked" UMD discs with your PC drive. Well, actually I'm very sure it won't work!
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
(10-12-2010, 03:59 PM)Darth1701 Wrote:
(10-12-2010, 03:48 PM)rcoltrane Wrote: I'd like to make an .iso image of my game but I need to know how to remove that CD plastic tray (without breaking it) in order to rip the disc through my PC DVD drive.

Thanks.
Roger.

OK, legally it would be fine if you own the game BUT technically I highly doubt you can read the "naked" UMD discs with your PC drive. Well, actually I'm very sure it won't work!

Have you tried that? Technically, you can do .iso images of any CD or DVD. ISO images are physical copies of the original media. If it will work with an emulator or not, I don't know yet. But I'll try. I just need to figure out how to remove the disc from its plastic tray without breaking it... Blush
(10-13-2010, 05:13 PM)rcoltrane Wrote:
(10-12-2010, 03:59 PM)Darth1701 Wrote:

Thanks.
Roger.

Have you tried that? Technically, you can do .iso images of any CD or DVD. ISO images are physical copies of the original media. If it will work with an emulator or not, I don't know yet. But I'll try. I just need to figure out how to remove the disc from its plastic tray without breaking it... Blush

OK, then just go ahead. You have my blessing. Big Grin
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
I doubt you can make this work. DVD drives aren't made to read this kind of disk.
(10-13-2010, 07:15 PM)Orphis Wrote: I doubt you can make this work. DVD drives aren't made to read this kind of disk.

Yeah, I think so too. Just because it looks like a DVD,CD or whatever does not make it readable. But of course I have no proof that it can't be read. But strangly enough I found no clues with Google that anyone else tried it ...
(10-13-2010, 07:19 PM)Darth1701 Wrote:
(10-13-2010, 07:15 PM)Orphis Wrote: I doubt you can make this work. DVD drives aren't made to read this kind of disk.

Yeah, I think so too. Just because it looks like a DVD,CD or whatever does not make it readable. But of course I have no proof that it can't be read. But strangly enough I found no clues with Google that anyone else tried it ...

Hehe... that's why I'll be THE VERY 1ST ONE to try. I love that! Cool I'll post the results here, wish me luck.
Such a waste, read this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Media_Disc
It says the disks are encrypted and they don't use the same wavelength as DVDs.
In other words, it's not possible.
But the thing is this that why you wanna to remove the umd cover from your cd or dvd, Is it creating any unwanted problem when you insert it into the cd room...
(02-14-2012, 12:15 PM)nobel Wrote: But the thing is this that why you wanna to remove the umd cover from your cd or dvd, Is it creating any unwanted problem when you insert it into the cd room...

Have you ever seen a UMD?If you saw then you'll understand
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]