This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable - ULUS10512
Having problems getting this running at all. Here's the error log that comes up regardless of whichever options I've tried. Though nothing happens when I hit play if I leave all the options unchecked. Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: Using latest release of JPCSP

Attached the log.

Attached Files
.txt   p3perror.txt (Size: 3.5 KB / Downloads: 77)
(07-11-2012, 01:31 PM)havocxx Wrote: Having problems getting this running at all. Here's the error log that comes up regardless of whichever options I've tried. Though nothing happens when I hit play if I leave all the options unchecked. Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: Using latest release of JPCSP

Attached the log.

For some reason the game doesn't ruin very well in the lastest version, it either has serious graphical glitches or it doesn't run at all.
Try using the version I pointed out in my other post, it runs it without serious problems (it has a somewhat slow fps but it was good enough for me to finish the whole game.)
Hey uh, when I play it I've been having all these random black lines everywhere? Like for when you can choose options when speaking there's like a black line diagonally on the chat box... Also when I check Social Links, the card of the Arcana is missing- anyone know how to fix these problems?
I've been using the latest release by the way
(07-28-2012, 03:50 PM)Dekroth Wrote: Hey uh, when I play it I've been having all these random black lines everywhere? Like for when you can choose options when speaking there's like a black line diagonally on the chat box... Also when I check Social Links, the card of the Arcana is missing- anyone know how to fix these problems?

I don't think It can be solver, I had the same thing, but it wasn't much of a touble.
Also, you managed to play in the lastest version? Last time I tried it showed some serious graphic issues, and slow fps.
Could you post your configurations?
(07-29-2012, 12:39 PM)Mavius Wrote:
(07-28-2012, 03:50 PM)Dekroth Wrote: Hey uh, when I play it I've been having all these random black lines everywhere? Like for when you can choose options when speaking there's like a black line diagonally on the chat box... Also when I check Social Links, the card of the Arcana is missing- anyone know how to fix these problems?

I don't think It can be solver, I had the same thing, but it wasn't much of a touble.
Also, you managed to play in the lastest version? Last time I tried it showed some serious graphic issues, and slow fps.
Could you post your configurations?
Ahhh alright then bleh. Yeah it's a minor issue but it'd still be nice to play without them lmao thanks though U:

Ahaha yeah I've actually been playing it on a really old release until recently u v u
Oh I actually like. took my config from some of the first pages in this thread pfft Uhh on my computer it runs about about 20-30 fps and then when I'm in Tartarus and the like it runs at about 14-20 fpsish. As far as I'm concerned it's a lot slower than what it should be unless you have like. One party member with you. Anyway...

Video
Use Shaders (Experimental)
Use a Geometry Shader
Disable UBO
Enable VAO
Enable saving GE
Enable decoding of indexed textures
Enable dynamic shader generation
Memory
Ignore invalid memory access
Media
Use Media Engine
Compiler
Use compiler

Anddd that's all the stuff I have checked lskdjffd I hope this post isn't too long or something
Um I actually haven't screwed around with too many of the video settings- most of the ones that I have checked that I unchecked didn't seem to make a difference if I recall. As for Vertex Cache, for me, using it bogged it down a lot so I probably wouldn't use it if I were you. To be honest despite having been using Jpcsp for a long time I've never really bothered to read too much about settings or test random things now and then because I'm a really lazy bum whoops lsdjfsdkfj

But uh- I hope everything works out of for you or something ; 7;
Also it would be nice if someone could tell me some faster configs or something perhaps...?
Oh and uh on a last note- I decided to just check both of the GE graphic things in the video settings and the FPS in Tartarus seems to have increased by a fairly decent amount but I don't feel like there's any change that I can really sense at the moment, however when entering battle instead of the normal 'morphing' into the battle screen the thing turns black before changing into battle mode
I tried several options and found that using the 2470 version with "enable saving GE screen to textures instead of memory" and media engine checked could get it to run well on a mediocre laptop although I haven't got all that far in the game yet so I still need to check if the battle run well.
I am unable to load savedata for this game. It just automatically goes in to permanent pause mode after choosing the savedata... Any idea how to fix?
(11-11-2012, 07:38 AM)Jelly Wrote: I am unable to load savedata for this game. It just automatically goes in to permanent pause mode after choosing the savedata... Any idea how to fix?

Enable "ignore memory errors"
(09-18-2011, 06:34 PM)MaXiMu Wrote: The best configuration

Video

- Use Shader
- Use Geometry shader for 2D Rendering
- Enable Ge saving Screen to textures instead of memory.
- Enable decoding of indexed textures
- Enable Dinamic shader generation

Not Recomended Options

- Only Ge Black screen on Pmf files but work sound.
- Vertex cache In the Cutsceenes/Batlles because some small glitches but small speed up.

I configure my jpcsp like this but still got 15~20 fps in tartarus. Is there any way to speed the game up?
I don't really think it's going to get any faster than that. I changed to the recommended configs (I used to just use saving to GE and GE graphics) and it only increased slightly so... I doubt it :|
I've seen someone run it at around 60 fps- but that's probably thanks to their computer.