This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable - ULUS10512
best settings for p3 portable for v2390? i'm getting slow laggy graphics that aren't synced with audio. my drivers are up to date but i just don't know what configuration works best for p3 anymore there have been so many changes and updates to builds i don't know what works best. any help on a configuration that synces audio with video and so on would be great. thanks.
Okay so I'm using these setting

- use vertex cache
- enable saving GE screen to Texture instead of memory
- use media engine
- use complier

And everything is going just fine until the first Tartarus trek where the game crash and give me this error message

Running Jpcsp 32bit...
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Exception in thread "GUI" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
at sun.misc.Unsafe.allocateMemory(Native Method)
at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(Unknown Source)
at jpcsp.graphics.VertexInfo.loadVertex(VertexInfo.java:746)
at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.executeCommandPRIM(VideoEngine.java:2078)
at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.executeCommand(VideoEngine.java:1133)
at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.executeList(VideoEngine.java:873)
at jpcsp.graphics.VideoEngine.update(VideoEngine.java:572)
at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.sceDisplay$AWTGLCanvas_sceDisplay.paintGL(sceDis
play.java:163)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTGLCanvas.paint(AWTGLCanvas.java:314)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.AWTGLCanvas.update(AWTGLCanvas.java:343)
at sun.awt.RepaintArea.updateComponent(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.RepaintArea.paint(Unknown Source)
at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown
Source)
Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

How do I fix this out of memory error and GUI stuff?
Deactivate Vertex Cache and in memory activate the first option.

(12-03-2011, 12:41 PM)cipher Wrote: Deactivate Vertex Cache and in memory activate the first option.

Thanks! It's so slow now, but at least I could play it
There is an odd glitch in my version--occasionally, characters calling their Persona will activate their default, idle animations instead of the "Persona Invocation" animation. They will then be stuck in that idle animation...forever. Attacks, further persona summons, using items--characters will carry out their orders without moving. I've played around in the settings a bit, and as far as I can tell it is either a JPCSP issue or something wrong the copy I've dumped. Anyone know whats up? The game runs flawlessly apart from this. I'm using svn version 2413, quad-core intel 2.8 processor, Geforce 9800Gt graphics card.

edit: Some further things I've noticed:

--It isn't calling personas that causes the glitch. They're just as happy to bug out doing normal attacks, or even while doing victory celebrations. It happens without fail after two or three battles within Tartarus.
--Nothing short of resetting JPCSP seems to fix this. Leaving and re-entering Tartarus, or returning to the entrance does nothing. This persists in-between battles, which I find extremely odd. Some sort of memory-write error?

edit2: More notes:

--This error occurs for enemies as well.
--Older and newer versions of JPCSP I tested all had the glitch.
--This is on the 64-bit version, I haven't tested 32-bit.

Final (?) edit:

Ok, so after playing another week or so into the game, I've been unable to duplicate the glitch. It hasn't happened since. What the hell? The most I can say is, if this happens, just keep playing and see if it sorts itself out.
I'm playing the game with:

Checks on:
- Use shaders
- Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering
- Disable UBO
- Enable VAO
- Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
- Enable decoding of indexed textures
- Enable dynamic shader generation
- Enable the shader implementation for the ''Stencil Test''

Compiler: Use compiler / Maximum method size: 500

Just went to Tartarus and everything seems to be fine. Game sometimes freezes for a second (or less, lol), usually when I use some magic in battles... but during that time sound does not stop. Also, voices seems to be all right so far.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2db7y1h.jpg
As you can see in the pic above, it says that FPS is 48. It goes from 30 to 60, but I haven't seen any slowdowns of speed... (what's the opposite word of slowdown?)
I don't know is this some bug or just a normal thing, because I have seen this FPS nonstability in all PSP games I tried. I'm new to PSP emulation, so that might be it.
Hi there,

Newcomer here and im desperately trying to get P3P running at a stable FPS rate.

Currently everthing is maxed at 60 FPS except everything related to tartarus and the battles.

I tried using different revisions of JPCSP and have tested almost every video setting.
But I can't get even a stable 40 FPS in Tartarus, given that some people in this thread were able to get stable 60 FPS in 2010, I can't believe my specs are to low.
I also updated all my related Drivers e.g. Chipset Driver/Display Driver etc.

The Game feels like it's running at half the normal speed, which can get REALLY frustrating.

PC Specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition (OC'd) at 3,4 GHz
Ati Radeon HD 6850
6Gig Ram
750 Gig HDD (Thats were the Game rips are located)
120 GB OCZ SSD (Location of the JPCSP client)
Win 7 x64

I would really appreciate any help regarding how i can get P3P stable at even 40 FPS!

mfg,
Jin
ATI its still bad at JPCSP, so maybe the problem its that, try with the latest builds here http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/, and with win7 x64 use the JPCSP x86 and remember to activate the following option in the emu options "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory" that will give you about a 100% speedup in almost all games, that worked for me

Edit1: And tartarus almost always give some problem, so its maybe its a emu related problem

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-28-2011, 09:04 PM)Vengarr Wrote: There is an odd glitch in my version--occasionally, characters calling their Persona will activate their default, idle animations instead of the "Persona Invocation" animation. They will then be stuck in that idle animation...forever. Attacks, further persona summons, using items--characters will carry out their orders without moving. I've played around in the settings a bit, and as far as I can tell it is either a JPCSP issue or something wrong the copy I've dumped. Anyone know whats up? The game runs flawlessly apart from this. I'm using svn version 2413, quad-core intel 2.8 processor, Geforce 9800Gt graphics card.

edit: Some further things I've noticed:

--It isn't calling personas that causes the glitch. They're just as happy to bug out doing normal attacks, or even while doing victory celebrations. It happens without fail after two or three battles within Tartarus.
--Nothing short of resetting JPCSP seems to fix this. Leaving and re-entering Tartarus, or returning to the entrance does nothing. This persists in-between battles, which I find extremely odd. Some sort of memory-write error?

edit2: More notes:

--This error occurs for enemies as well.
--Older and newer versions of JPCSP I tested all had the glitch.
--This is on the 64-bit version, I haven't tested 32-bit.

Final (?) edit:

Ok, so after playing another week or so into the game, I've been unable to duplicate the glitch. It hasn't happened since. What the hell? The most I can say is, if this happens, just keep playing and see if it sorts itself out.
I have this same animations problem,someone have the solution for it?

only difference is that happen everytime...
I have good news. I just tried to run the game with the lastest revision (r2470 http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/ ) and it works without problems!
I only activated "use media engine" and "Decode audio files with sonicstage"(you have to install sonicstage for it to work).
The game runs a lot faster that before (in previous revision the game was veeery slow), it only gets slow a little in the dungeons, but the rest works fine (and i'm pretty sure that it only gets slow because of my pc). I also didn't got that blasted animation glith, so I think it's fixed.

Here's some pictures (it's the boss at the 10th floor):
[Image: prswnr3p01.png]
[Image: prswnr3p02.png]
[Image: prswnr3p03.png]
[Image: prswnr3p04.png]
[Image: prswnr3p05.png]
[Image: prswnr3p06.png]
[Image: prswnr3p07.png]