This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Hexyz Force - ULUS10506
(02-12-2011, 08:48 PM)guteq Wrote:
(02-09-2011, 11:36 AM)hyakki Wrote: r198x when trying to load a game, the load window pops up but then jpcsp completely locks up, sometimes it works but mostly locks up jpcsp, can anyone else confirm this?
Logs/console don't say anything since its a freeze-up

Had very similiar problem. Checking both shader options helped. However game freezes when getting into battle after masked woman.

EDIT: "Only GE graphics" seems to have fixed my freezing problem Tongue Itaru settings + this seems to be optimal. IMHO

EDIT2: Now I cannot save again though.. geez

EDIT3: Checking both shaders options on don't help Tongue .Loading works randomly anyway. And I could save only once and trying to save once again crashes emu... so far every time

Using rev 1984

With rev 2050m playable after the fight with the masked women. However after 30 min of play, all graphics disappeard. But after restart everything seems fine for now.
tested on r2073
crashes when trying to load game (went back a few revisions and r2070 is when it started)
Code:
java.nio.BufferOverflowException
        at java.nio.IntBuffer.put(Unknown Source)
        at jpcsp.util.Utilities.putBuffer(Utilities.java:367)
        at jpcsp.media.ExternalDecoder.decodeAtrac(ExternalDecoder.java:250)
        at jpcsp.connector.AtracCodec.atracSetData(AtracCodec.java:193)
        at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.sceAtrac3plus$AtracID.setData(sceAtrac3plus.java:496)
        at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.sceAtrac3plus.sceAtracSetDataAndGetID(sceAtrac3plus.java:839)
        at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.sceAtrac3plus$7.execute(sceAtrac3plus.java:1503)
        at jpcsp.HLE.modules.HLEModuleManager.handleSyscall(HLEModuleManager.java:340)
        at jpcsp.HLE.SyscallHandler.syscall(SyscallHandler.java:94)
        at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.syscall(RuntimeContext.java:669)
        at _S1_2_8AEDCD0.s(_S1_2_8AEDCD0.java:4)
        at _S1_2_88EAF1C.s(_S1_2_88EAF1C.java:232)
        at _S1_2_88EAE18.s(_S1_2_88EAE18.java:4)
        at _S1_2_88EAE18.exec(_S1_2_88EAE18.java)
        at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.jumpCall(RuntimeContext.java:116)
        at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.jump(RuntimeContext.java:154)
        at _S1_2_88EADC4.s(_S1_2_88EADC4.java:80)
        at _S1_2_88EAA90.s(_S1_2_88EAA90.java:24)
        at _S1_2_88EAA90.exec(_S1_2_88EAA90.java)
        at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.jumpCall(RuntimeContext.java:116)
        at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.call(RuntimeContext.java:195)
        at _S1_2_88E0A18.s(_S1_2_88E0A18.java:228)
        at _S1_2_88CF798.s(_S1_2_88CF798.java:84)
        at _S1_2_88CF798.exec(_S1_2_88CF798.java)
        at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.runThread(RuntimeContext.java:700)
        at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeThread.run(RuntimeThread.java:51)

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 3.04 KB / Downloads: 92)
Code:
java.nio.BufferOverflowException
        at java.nio.IntBuffer.put(Unknown Source)
        at jpcsp.util.Utilities.putBuffer(Utilities.java:367)
        at jpcsp.media.ExternalDecoder.decodeAtrac(ExternalDecoder.java:250)
Ooops, should be fixed in r2074...
I've been watching the game's cpu/memory usage via taskmanager and noticed the following:
memory consume is increasing the longer i play the game. every battle versus a new monster adds between 30 and 100mb ram usage, until it finally crashs (fighting "known" enemies does not increase ram usage) ). using new spells/limit breaks seems to further increase memory usage, without it ever reducing again. the game is simply freezing, sound keeps playing. ill try to compile a log later

pc hardware: 3,2ghz dualcore(amd), 6gb ram, gf gtx 460
settings: shaders, geometry shader, decoding of indexted texture, dynamic shaders, ignore invalid memory, media, compiler (1000),
r2088
this game works pretty flawless, besides for the voice audio in battles, and some other sfx (like message click noise), but this is why I posted since they should be decode-able too after examining the adx files, at least the battle voices.

graphics,video and bgm all work perfect.
attached info log (I cleared out my tmp dir so everything is a new decode)

there is also another minor bug, when "Only Ge" mode is enabled the videos will just display a black screen.

Attached Files
.rar   hflog.rar (Size: 8.55 KB / Downloads: 96)
(04-17-2011, 09:44 AM)hyakki Wrote: r2088
this game works pretty flawless, besides for the voice audio in battles, and some other sfx (like message click noise), but this is why I posted since they should be decode-able too after examining the adx files, at least the battle voices.
I'm still freezing with r2088 as soon as I fight something new, when the memory usage is over 1gb.

Code:
AT3+ data could not be decoded by the external decoder (channels=0)
Sorry, I was retrieving the number of channels at the wrong place... now fixed in r2089.
(04-17-2011, 11:47 AM)gid15 Wrote:

Code:
AT3+ data could not be decoded by the external decoder (channels=0)
Sorry, I was retrieving the number of channels at the wrong place... now fixed in r2089.
hm, didn't fix the voice but it no longer gets the channel =0 message, i'm not sure what this game is doing maybe it is converting the files to another format, I know the voice audio is mono @ 2050hz (in the adx file)
I have a feeling its decoding/converting the audio in game (but its strange why bgm works since its same type of file ASF/ADX) , maybe its the 2050 / mono channel throwing it off.

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 5.42 KB / Downloads: 82)
made it to the next savepoint without freezing (memory usage stopped increasing at about 1,2gb), by disabling vertex cache - when I tried to save, the emulator crashed with the following error in the dos window:
Exception in thread "user_main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
Exception in thread "GUI" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Perm Gen space
Gashet, increase the MaxPermsize in java, or in my launcher go to adv -> advanced then check the box that says MaxPermsize, set the value to around 300

try these settings
Code:
[-] = Unchecked | [x] = Checked

|Video|
[-] Only GE graphhics (not recommended for homebrew)
[-] Use vertex cache
[x] Use shaders (experimental)  # (NVIDIA Speedup) | (ATI Buggy / Disable)
[x] Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering (only relevant when using shaders)
[-] Disable UBO (automatically disabled if not supported, only relevant when using shaders)
[-] Enable VAO (only relevant when using shaders and vertex cache)
[x] Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
[-] Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders)
[x] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders rec for AMD/ATI)

|Media|
[x] Use Media Engine (Works only with 32bit JPCSP)
[-] Extract media files to tmp folder
[x] Decode audio files with sonic stage (you must have ss installed for this to work)
[x] Use non-native fonts from flash0 folder

|Compiler|
[x] Use compiler (dynarec)
[-] Output profiler into to profiler.txt (only for compiler)
[100] Maximum method size