This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition - ULES00108
Ok, I did some tests with this game, and I compared the intro with v1777 and 1780:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v7DGI0tJO0

As you can see, v1780 leaves something of the intro out. Besides, the font after the intro video seems to be wrong way round in both versions.

To compare those two versions, I added the logfile of both versions for the intro.

Besides, here is a video with ingame graphics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8ydMs28SoA

As you might see, it is quite hard to play, because of those graphic bugs. Nevertheless, you could say it is "Half playable". I also added the logfile which belongs to this video. Maybe, it helps you to find problems. Wink

One problem is, that the wrong list entry is selected in menu. For example, "Quick race" is selected, but the yellow background is one entry above, but the font of this entry becomes blue...

Another problem: Ingame music is not played at all, every song is just skipped (which you can also see in the ingame video)

Used settings (in both versions):
- Only GE graphics
- Use shaders
- Use a geometry shader...
- Enable Media Engine

My Specs:
- Win7
- Intel Core i7 930
- Nvidia Geforce 250GTS
- 6 GB RAM

Attached Files
.7z   start_log_1777.7z (Size: 7.27 KB / Downloads: 100)
.7z   start_log_1780.7z (Size: 14.04 KB / Downloads: 84)
.7z   playing_log_1780.7z (Size: 49.71 KB / Downloads: 93)
Thanks for the detailed test run! Smile
Could you please try with r1781?
(10-06-2010, 07:42 PM)Hykem Wrote: Thanks for the detailed test run! Smile

The intro video is shown completely again. Big Grin (Of course still without audio)

All other things didn't change.
(10-06-2010, 09:20 PM)Omar Hawk Wrote:
(10-06-2010, 07:42 PM)Hykem Wrote: Thanks for the detailed test run! Smile

The intro video is shown completely again. Big Grin (Of course still without audio)

All other things didn't change.

Hmm... Are the words still flipped?
Yes, still the same.

What do I have to select in "Customizing Logger" to help you? I selected sceFont, but it doesn't log anything about Fonts, only something like this:

Code:
17645 [MC3Loading] TRACE hle - UNIMPLEMENTED:sceKernelDcacheWritebackAll

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-07-2010, 04:17 PM)Omar Hawk Wrote: Yes, still the same.

What do I have to select in "Customizing Logger" to help you? I selected sceFont, but it doesn't log anything about Fonts, only something like this:

Code:

Hmm...
Try disabling the 2D Geometry Shader.
Those words are displayed by a GE PRIM_SPRITES command (which is handled by the VideoEngine and the new 2D Geometry Shader), that's why it doesn't show up in sceFont, and sceKernelDcacheWritebackAll doesn't need to be implemented (works with PSP's cache).
I've added those words' issue to the VideoEngine's, but I still haven't changed it in the shader.
(10-07-2010, 04:30 PM)Hykem Wrote:

Code:

Hmm...
Those words are displayed by a GE PRIM_SPRITES command (which is handled by the VideoEngine and the new 2D Geometry Shader), that's why it doesn't show up in sceFont, and sceKernelDcacheWritebackAll doesn't need to be implemented (works with PSP's cache).
I've added those words' issue to the VideoEngine's, but I still haven't changed it in the shader.

Ah, yes, that was it. Thanks Big Grin
(10-07-2010, 04:33 PM)Omar Hawk Wrote:
(10-07-2010, 04:30 PM)Hykem Wrote:

Code:

Hmm...

Ah, yes, that was it. Thanks Big Grin

Nice! Thanks for testing, I'll update the shader in a second. Smile
(10-07-2010, 04:34 PM)Hykem Wrote: Nice! Thanks for testing, I'll update the shader in a second. Smile

And in r1782 it works also with 2D Geometry Shader enabled. Thank you. Smile
Okay, new logfile, since you changed something with SFIX/DFIX:

The warning:
"UNSUPPORTED: Both different SFIX and DFIX are not supported"

disappeared with the new version. But there are no visible changes.

Therefore a new logfile on info level.

Attached Files
.zip   start_log_1793.zip (Size: 5.75 KB / Downloads: 96)