This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Screen video mode - is this possible?
I want to make a suggestion to this great PSP emulator: is there any way to put a 2x, 3x or full screen video modes under the 'video' menu to automatically scale the screen without getting graphic glitches? Today, I'm playing Infected with the latest SVN release and when I try to scale the screen by stretching it, the in-game screens becomes out of scale and completely unplayable.

The default screen resolution is too small to play it through a computer monitor... Sad

Keep with the great work!!
Cheers,
RC.
Well, there is almost no way to do that, because the real PSP has a pretty small screen.
(10-01-2010, 07:11 PM)sashodada Wrote: Well, there is almost no way to do that, because the real PSP has a pretty small screen.

I know that PSP has a small screen, but I think it could be possible because other emulators have these options for consoles which uses small screens aswell.
I've played an Atari Lynx emulator which has an even smaller screen/resolution and you had an option to switch it to full screen with pixel-perfect option. Obviously, the image will be a crapload of huge pixels on screen, but at least it will be bigger and easier to see.

I'd like to hear one of the JPCSP developers opinion about it. No offense please...Shy
(10-01-2010, 07:38 PM)rcoltrane Wrote:
(10-01-2010, 07:11 PM)sashodada Wrote: Well, there is almost no way to do that, because the real PSP has a pretty small screen.

I know that PSP has a small screen, but I think it could be possible because other emulators have these options for consoles which uses small screens aswell.
I've played an Atari Lynx emulator which has an even smaller screen/resolution and you had an option to switch it to full screen with pixel-perfect option. Obviously, the image will be a crapload of huge pixels on screen, but at least it will be bigger and easier to see.

I'd like to hear one of the JPCSP developers opinion about it. No offense please...Shy

Hi! Smile
It is possible, and the reason why I didn't reply before, is because I decided to give a shot at that idea right now, after reading your post. Tongue
I'm experimenting with fixed zoom filters (1x, 1.5x, 2x, 2.5x, 3x and the Full Screen) which are already working, but all they currently do is resize the screen just like you can do by hand. Of course, this way the aspect ratio is preserved, but I would also like to take a look at smoothing filters to avoid the huge pixelization and there's still a bug to fix with 3D models that get rendered offscreen when the you resize JPCSP's screen. Wink
The best way would be to render at a higher resolution and somehow fake some rendering effects with our higher resolution framebuffer. Not all games will like it though, and it requires some big changes.

And I don't think zoom filters will be any good, the "best" way, would be to capture the output (like offscreen rendering) and render the texture full screen while preserving the screen ratio. Not too difficult, but it needs to be done. And I don't have the time ^^
(10-01-2010, 08:53 PM)Orphis Wrote: The best way would be to render at a higher resolution and somehow fake some rendering effects with our higher resolution framebuffer. Not all games will like it though, and it requires some big changes.

And I don't think zoom filters will be any good, the "best" way, would be to capture the output (like offscreen rendering) and render the texture full screen while preserving the screen ratio. Not too difficult, but it needs to be done. And I don't have the time ^^

Exactly. Something like a FBO is needed for this to work in the best way possible. Wink
However, this is something that will take time to be done properly, and since we're still analyzing the option of using LWJGL, I think this should be something to be left for the future.

@rcoltrane: But, if all you want is an easy resize option, I can easily commit a menu for that.
maybe anti analising would solve this problem...
Could you do something about resizing with the only ge option on? Cuss sacrificing speed for a bigger screen isn't worth it.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

Quote:Exactly. Something like a FBO is needed for this to work in the best way possible. Wink
However, this is something that will take time to be done properly, and since we're still analyzing the option of using LWJGL, I think this should be something to be left for the future.

@rcoltrane: But, if all you want is an easy resize option, I can easily commit a menu for that.

I'd love that, if it won't be too much troubleBig Grin
(10-04-2010, 12:59 PM)rcoltrane Wrote:
Quote:Exactly. Something like a FBO is needed for this to work in the best way possible. Wink

I'd love that, if it won't be too much troubleBig Grin

Added in r1780. Wink