This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd problem with Shadows
psp 
Hi there, I'm new to JPCSP, but did paid a little time to study it. Now I'm running Valkyria Chronicles 2 with the latest 2443 Build, the simulation was good except a small problem: the shadow beneath characters would stay on the screen and eventually ruined it. You can see from the pic below:
[Image: %2525E6%252597%2525A0%2525E6%2525A0%2525...525982.jpg]

As the combat starts, the shadow under the character flicks, and leaves a gray "trail" when camera moves, eventually these trails will cover a large part of the screen:
[Image: %2525E6%252597%2525A0%2525E6%2525A0%2525...252598.jpg]

I tried a number of Video configs and found out it was caused by switching on "Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory", but switching off it would make graphic unbearable to look and frame rate too low to play, so I'm out of option here. If any one of you have encountered similar problem, I would glad to hear your advice.

And a minor problem: some of the background music stops looping after one-time play. Don't know why. Maybe related to my changes in JPCSP launcher.

My JPCSP Config (Build 2443):
- Video -
Only GE graphics;
Use shaders;
Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering;
Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory;
Enable decoding of indexed textures in shader;
Enable dynamic shader generation;

- Audio -
(None is switched on)

- Memory -
Ignore invalid memory access;
Ignore unmapped imports;

- Media -
Use Media Engine;
Decode audio files with SonicStage;

- Compiler -
Use compiler;
Maximum method size: 500;

- Display -
AA: Off;
Resolution: Native;

and my Launcher settings:
[Image: %2525E6%252597%2525A0%2525E6%2525A0%2525...525983.jpg]

My system spec:
AMD Athlon 64 dual core 3800+ 2GHz
2.5G DDR1 Memory
GeForce 8600GT 512MB

As for software, I installed SonicStage 4.3, Java 6 update 30, Nvidia Driver 285.62.

In the end I provided a log of "INFO" entries of 5 min gameplay, if anyone needs.

.txt   Log-info.txt (Size: 20.02 KB / Downloads: 48)