This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Hope you don't mind some thanks and criticism
First of all congratulations on this work, the emu is going really well from what I can tell and with some more work it can really reach a nice level.

A question tho: Why Java? Why not use something less demanding and (in my experience) less of a b** to code with not to mention more stable? Like Phyton (which comes from Java anyways).

Also I think you gotta change a the compatibility list a bit. I don't know to what extent these games were fully playable in old versions but in the new one, they crash a lot and on the same spot (like Megaman powered up on lOading and Castlevania on the beginning of the 1st stage) and sometimes the emulator won't even start. As for the decryption I don't have anything to say about it as no one knows how that works yet I think, and it's a good way to stop piracy.

So to wrap this up, I'm not trying to seem harsh or anything but it kinda bugs me to see something not working when it supposedly should. Best of luck with the project.

One last question: Are you guys planning to work more on compatibility or stability first of all?
Hi! Smile

(09-27-2010, 03:14 PM)NEO117 Wrote: A question tho: Why Java? Why not use something less demanding and (in my experience) less of a b** to code with not to mention more stable? Like Phyton (which comes from Java anyways).
Well, the main reason behind Java was to provide a flexible and portable solution. When JPCSP first started it was more homebrew oriented, focusing on supplying necessary debugging tools, but it then began to show some impressive results and we kept working towards a more demanding emulation level. It came as a really nice surprise to look at it now and see how we managed to reach such levels of stability, compatiblity and progress while maintaining a really good work on increasing the speed emulation.
As an alternative, we now have PCSP, written in C++, which offers a different approach to the same emulation perspective.

(09-27-2010, 03:14 PM)NEO117 Wrote: Also I think you gotta change a the compatibility list a bit. I don't know to what extent these games were fully playable in old versions but in the new one, they crash a lot and on the same spot (like Megaman powered up on lOading and Castlevania on the beginning of the 1st stage) and sometimes the emulator won't even start.
Yes, I was in charge of keeping the list updated, but due to lack of time, it has been like that for a while. Fortunately, gilatino is now helping in reorganizing the list.
It's funny you mentioned those two games, because those are precisely what I'm testing and fixing right now. Tongue

(09-27-2010, 03:14 PM)NEO117 Wrote: One last question: Are you guys planning to work more on compatibility or stability first of all?
We're trying to balance both and splitting tasks to work on the two areas at the same time. Wink
Thanks for your answer and again, good luck with the project. I'm looking forward to play my PSP games on PC with a nice Gamepad rather than the crap analogue. lol Maybe in 1 year or 2 it might reach the level of ePSXe in PSX emulation?