This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - US - ULUS10505
(08-21-2011, 02:57 PM)Hykem Wrote:
(08-20-2011, 09:27 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(08-20-2011, 07:25 PM)Hykem Wrote: I've found an unexpected behaviour going on with the async read operation that, by the logs, was affecting this game. Could you please test it again under r2289? Thanks! Smile
Which unexpected behavior? I could not find anything from the log files.
Could you post the corresponding code section?

Apparently, the game proceeds immediatly after calling the sceIoReadAsync syscall to check a certain portion of code that should've been overwritten by the file data. If this area is still uninitialized, the game gets locked in a deadlock.
Only after checking the code the game procceds to call sceIoWaitAsync to get the operation's result.
However, the code checking occurs inside another thread which is called after sceIoReadAsync.

I've provided that change in r2288 as a workaround, but like you stated in the code comments, this is probably a thread sync issue.
I'm currently trying to generate the appropriate compiler and runtime log with ThreadManForUser's activity to see if I can capture this activity.

I'll post it here as soon as possible.

(08-20-2011, 09:43 PM)Pingutino Wrote:
(08-20-2011, 08:58 PM)Hykem Wrote:
(08-20-2011, 08:41 PM)Pingutino Wrote:
(08-20-2011, 07:32 PM)MaXiMu Wrote: Hykem

Thanks for you hard work The problem is solved now Smile

Thank you for your work Hykem =)

I've just tested the new revision. Loading a savegame is not possible. And starting a new game causes the same error message and the game got stuck.

Here is my log-file (INFO):

Code:
hleIoOpen filename = ms0:/PSP/SAVEDATA/ULES01441DATA/BBS1.DAT flags = 40000001 permissions = 00

Ah, looks like you've used the "Data Install" feature. Could you please try to delete those files? It seems that the game saved the decrypted version in a SAVEDATA folder (ULES01441DATA) but it's trying to load them as encrypted again. Huh
Now it just get stuck after i choose the savegame. And if I try to start a new game the game get stuck after some cutcenes
Here my two log files.

Hmm, odd...
Nothing suspicious on the INFO logs. I suspect this only happens with the PAL version of the game (ULES01441).
Could you please post a DEBUG log up to when you start a new game? You can load and run the game at INFO level and then switch to DEBUG when you start a new game, right before it gets locked. Thanks! Smile

Here is my DEBUG log =)

Attached Files
.rar   DEBUG-log.rar (Size: 145 KB / Downloads: 86)
[Image: indexkd.jpg] pingutino: Your heart knows the truth Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - US - ULUS10505 [encrypted] - by Pingutino - 08-21-2011, 03:38 PM
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep - by Elliott - 08-16-2012, 10:41 AM