This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - US - ULUS10505
Its working again. Now I just have to find someone to test it with as my previous 2nd laptop is out of the question at the moment.
One more time!
I try use jpcsp-3284 to run

but shadow is wrong ....> <

[Image: SSYOSTt.png]
What settings are you using and what graphic card do you have?
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
(07-02-2013, 11:22 AM)virgil94 Wrote: What settings are you using and what graphic card do you have?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 ‎(PS3.0/VS3.0)‎

I try many setting

but problem is also...Sad

[Image: 2cSXsvM.jpg]

[Image: 7gK4Cs2.png]
Game works rather well but the sound/music on FMVs and some cutscenes just won't work. The graphics, I can attest, is much better PPSSPP's though in PPSSPP the game runs somewhat smoother in most part of the game though it stutters badly which doesn't happen with JPCSP.
This game was tested with r3438. Most of the problems I have listed in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Final Mix also exist on this game (Post #157).

With the implementation of native Atrac3+ decoding, most games shown on the UMD ISO/CSO Browser will have its music being played when it is highlighted. However, there isn't any audio being played in some cutscenes and the logger will display "ERROR me - user_main - MediaEngine: No audio streams found!" Since the audio cannot be played for the first FMV, one needs to press the Enter Key (Start) in order to get to the Main Menu or else the game won't progress (game will wait at black screen).

One other graphical problem for this game is the amount of transparency when the name of a world appears. (1st Picture - JPCSP, 2nd Picture - PPSSPP) Other screenshots include issues listed in the Final Mix Thread such as incorrect character shadows, blurry cutscenes, and graphical garbage. I'm not sure if this link is helpful, but it might give some insight on how to fix the character shadows: https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/3767

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep is one of the few games that has problems with migrating SAVEDATA from an emulator (JPCSP and PPSSPP) to a PSP. Attempting to load SAVEDATA created from either JPCSP or PPSSPP onto a PSP will display Corrupted Data. Using MagicSave, I was able to load SAVEDATA created by JPCSP with SFO File: [Type 1/2] and Decrypt: [Type 3].

The xBRZ Plugin needs some improvements. I expected a performance drop, but did not expect corrupt graphics (5th and 7th Screenshot). Enabling this option will make some things not appear on the screen. I wanted to load my SAVEDATA, but when I pressed Continue on the Main Menu, only the gray screen appeared (ICON0 and SAVEDATA Information should normally appear as well). When the plugin is disabled in-game, the corrupted graphics continue to stay into memory. A thing to note is that on the buildbot, the README.txt that should be in the plugins folder is not built.

Attached Files
.7z   ULUS10505 (PSP).7z (Size: 470.37 KB / Downloads: 104)
.7z   ULUS10505 (JPCSP).7z (Size: 247.85 KB / Downloads: 107)
.zip   Log_r3438(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 1,013.1 KB / Downloads: 122)
(01-20-2014, 06:30 AM)DragonNeos Wrote: The xBRZ Plugin needs some improvements. I expected a performance drop, but did not expect corrupt graphics (5th and 7th Screenshot). Enabling this option will make some things not appear on the screen. I wanted to load my SAVEDATA, but when I pressed Continue on the Main Menu, only the gray screen appeared (ICON0 and SAVEDATA Information should normally appear as well). When the plugin is disabled in-game, the corrupted graphics continue to stay into memory. A thing to note is that on the buildbot, the README.txt that should be in the plugins folder is not built.

Sorry, the plugin was still disabled internally (I still needed to check a few graphical issues).
I'm going to enable it in the next commit since I found no relevant issues from it.

The PPSSPP solution shed some light on this issue. I need to review the frame buffer handling on several steps since it has a few issues to fix (color depth recently reported for example).