This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - US - ULUS10505
(06-01-2011, 09:57 AM)BinarySlave Wrote: Exception in thread "user_main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Can be easily fixed by changing the following in your "start.bat":
-XX:MaxPermSize=64m TO -XX:MaxPermSize=128m

I've tried 96m first, but the PermGen error occured again after playing another game for a while and let it idle while gone doing "daily business".
I really don't know why gid15 came up with the latest setting of -XX:MaxPermSize=64m, because it does not make much sense when -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize is set to 64m, too. (sorry gid15).

the problem is not everyone has a lot of ram, for jpcsp to be usable for a wider range of people these settings need to be low (user can up them if they need)
if all the settings are set to a use a lot of ram people with low memory will get more crashes or possibly jpcsp not even starting up, not to mention they don't help every game since it takes away from the xmx setting.

as for the ReservedCodeCacheSize setting, I really don't think it does anything , I've never seen java disable the compiler even though it says so in the console, so could possible remove the ReservedCodeCacheSize line and add the extra 64mb to the more useful maxpermsize setting for 128mb

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep - US - ULUS10505 [encrypted] - by hyakki - 06-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep - by Elliott - 08-16-2012, 10:41 AM