This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to boot emulator
URRGG! I've seen this problem somewhere on the forum before but I can't seem to recall a solution. Probably has something to do with java ( which I know nothing about ). I do have a hunch however. Try hyakki's jpcsp launcher here and see if that helps ( Probably not but it's worth a try.) Leave the setting as default
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

further sadness that specific launcher crashes when i try to use it..i suspect your right and its a java issue
there are gremlins in my pc..i swear
possibly it could be amd related but then wouldnt it crash instead of simply refusing to run?
any further help on this would greatly be appreciated

i am at your mercy plox help
could it be sonic stage?
im assuming this emulator is compatible with ubuntu?
(01-26-2011, 12:13 AM)zalmatra Wrote: any further help on this would greatly be appreciated

i am at your mercy plox help
could it be sonic stage?
im assuming this emulator is compatible with ubuntu?

Ubuntu? Never heard of it. Since this is the first time im hearing about such a thing then it's probably not supported by Jpcsp. Not too sure though, since I have no idea what it is.

Jpcsp will run under Ubuntu just like it will run on any other Linux-based OS as long as Java has been installed on it. However, under Linux you will lose Media Engine and SonicStage decoding unless you use Wine. Someone managed to get Jpcsp running under Linux with Media Engine support by using Wine, so it's certainly possible.
(01-26-2011, 06:06 AM)Itaru Wrote: Jpcsp will run under Ubuntu just like it will run on any other Linux-based OS as long as Java has been installed on it. However, under Linux you will lose Media Engine and SonicStage decoding unless you use Wine. Someone managed to get Jpcsp running under Linux with Media Engine support by using Wine, so it's certainly possible.

@Itaru Wait, I thought he said he was using windows 7 in his first post. If he's using linux then he should download the linux version of jpcsp, right?

@zalmatra If sonic stage was the whole reason that jpcsp won't open anymore then uninstalling could fix the problem?

i have a dual boot system with ubuntu(linux(/windows 7

so has anyone else exprienced my issue?
My best guess is that you don't have enough free memory in Windows 7 so that's why the JVM is unable to allocate enough memory for the 1024MB heap. Check whether your PC has too many services and apps running in the background which are eating up all the memory. You can use msconfig to disable unneeded services and background apps. If you don't want to do that, try lowering the heap memory size for Jpcsp. Open the start-windows-x86.bat file with notepad and change the -Xmx1024m line to -Xmx768m. If it still won't run, gradually decrease the number until it runs but don't go below 512m. If it still won't run with -Xmx512m then your Windows has a serious issue with free memory that needs to be fixed, perhaps some malware is running on your PC which is eating up all the free memory.
i have 4 gigs of ram 1.09 in use currently so its not a memory issue

i believe the issue lies with java for some reason not have the proper permissions to call up enough memory for one reason or another but if i hold the enter button long enough it will eventully call up the program properly

i use avast antivirus and zone alaram firewall