This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My PC can run JPSCP?
uhm. You can help me on Jpscp 0.5?
My PC as follows :
- pentium® 4 CPU 2.40GHz
- RAM 1GB
- Nvidia Geforce4 MX 4000 - 128MB
...- windows XP SP 2
can play games like Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core is not?
The question isn't can you play them, but is your computer powerful enough to hold the emulator. I am no professional, but I think that MAYBE your computer has enough power
taken from the project page http://code.google.com/p/jpcsp/
System Requirements
Minimum

* Windows 32bit or 64bit / Linux 32bit or 64bit / Mac OSX
* CPU: Pentium 4 and up
* GPU: Any graphic card supporting OpenGL 2.0 and up
* 1GB RAM

Recommended

* Windows Vista / Windows 7 (use Jpcsp 32bit even on 64bit OS to have sound and video support)
* CPU: Dual core @ 2.5 GHz
* GPU: Always install the latest drivers
* 2GB RAM or more

anyways will be slow if it works. and might have to drop the vm size in the ini from 1024 to 256 or 512
(09-14-2010, 08:07 AM)kazuma Wrote: uhm. You can help me on Jpscp 0.5?
My PC as follows :
- pentium® 4 CPU 2.40GHz
- RAM 1GB
- Nvidia Geforce4 MX 4000 - 128MB
...- windows XP SP 2
can play games like Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core is not?

I'm pretty sure you will be not happy with that configuration. My second testing PC is a bit fast then your configuration (2,4 vs. 2,8 Ghz) and I really only use it to test general work (if a game shows something or not).

It's really slow on games and most of the time I only get 1-5 fps. It may be enough for just testing but nothing more. Furthermore I'm not sure if your graphics card even supports OpenGL 2.0, a requirement for JPCSP.

So to conclude it I would say: Run: maybe, play: no
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
So how powerful comp do you need to actually play something with jpscp? 3.0ghz processor? 3.5? 4!?!?

Is it even possible to have something running 90+% speed of the normal psp? If you can then how expensive is such comp? I'm planning to buy new computer so I'm interested how much I have to pay. Huh
My computer, in my little country, costs about 430$, and i play Bleach: Heat the Soul 1-5 Fullspeed (NOT FULL FPS!!!)
stick with the Recommended settings if you want to run the game smooth. Min req means that it will work but slow as hell. i have a P4 3.0ghz 2GB ram nvidia 7100GS and Bleach - heat the soul 2 runs at 10 FPS and it sux.

I dont think its worthy to buy a new pc just to play these games, but if u want to be sure what compu suit u the best, try testing the emulator with a some games on pc stores.
Okay, I quess I can't run psp games on pc full speed so I'll just buy as good as I can and stop worrying about this. Undecided

I have been looking at "Core i3 530, 2.93 GHz, LGA1156, 4MB"
2 cores and 2.93ghz, I hope that allows some sort of emulating with jpscp.
(10-03-2010, 04:01 PM)epic707 Wrote: Okay, I quess I can't run psp games on pc full speed so I'll just buy as good as I can and stop worrying about this. Undecided

Instead of buying a new pc, why don't you buy more game for your psp (or a real psp if you don't have one)?
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

(10-03-2010, 05:20 PM)Kai3213 Wrote:
(10-03-2010, 04:01 PM)epic707 Wrote: Okay, I quess I can't run psp games on pc full speed so I'll just buy as good as I can and stop worrying about this. Undecided

Instead of buying a new pc, why don't you buy more game for your psp (or a real psp if you don't have one)?

I'm buying new pc because of pc games mainly, but getting psp emulator to work would be nice bonus.