This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JPCSP x86 VS x64
Exclamation 
Same Settings, same rev and same Java.

For some reason, x86 is more fast and less lag than x64 to me (why Huh)

I tested with some revs r2394, 2419 and both has the same problem.

I am using Jave 6 update 30 (I have both x86 and x64 instaled)

Did I miss something?

x64 version, need something else to work well?
CPU: Intel Core I7 3770 OC'ed 4.2GHz
RAM 8GB DDR3
Nvidia GTX 560
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
Currently using Driver 310.90 WHQL
64bit java seems to work a lot better on quad core cpu's for some reason (in my tests), also sometimes the laggy feeling can come from the Enable Only GE setting other then that maybe increase the xmx value since 64bit can use alot more ram..

I Only problem with Java 64 the Soound is some times jumping and some slowdown compared With Java 32bits

But on some test is the best Perfomance

Compilerperf.pbp
Java 32 480% vs Java 64bits 580-600%

[Image: 1388267.png]
(12-29-2011, 03:04 PM)hyakki Wrote: 64bit java seems to work a lot better on quad core cpu's for some reason (in my tests), also sometimes the laggy feeling can come from the Enable Only GE setting other then that maybe increase the xmx value since 64bit can use alot more ram..

I can't increase the xmx value.

I got this error     using xmx = 3072 or 2048 (JPCSP Launcher v1.6.0.4)

And with the System profile CPU SSE4,1 + - 4GB, I got this    

Attached Files
.zip   hs_err_pidlogs.zip (Size: 49.01 KB / Downloads: 82)
CPU: Intel Core I7 3770 OC'ed 4.2GHz
RAM 8GB DDR3
Nvidia GTX 560
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
Currently using Driver 310.90 WHQL
Perhaps the path you have Jpcsp in is the problem, try to move it up to a higher directory like c:\emulators\Jpcsp

I don't see anything wrong with the first screenshot looks like a normal game error?

besides for that close any other programs that use a lot of ram , when you set the xmx value to 3072 (3gb), 2048 (2gb) java expects to fully allocate that much in the physical ram so if it's not available then you can run into issues, since you only have 4gb of ram then I assume windows and other programs are using 1-2+ gigs already (depending on what services and programs are running)