This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Question Regarding Persona 5, RPCS3, and my Computer
Before I begin, I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to put this thread. I couldn't see a specific spot for this particular topic, so I decided on the RPCS3 General Discussion. And with that out of the way, I'll begin.

Hello everyone! I'm honestly pretty new to the RPCS3 (I've only just decided to try it out, since my nephew is borrowing my PS3 and games while I'm living on my own, and I don't have the money to buy a PS4 just yet), but I've been emulating games for awhile now. However, those games and emulators don't require too high of specs, since they are considerably older and all that. So until now, I haven't been worrying about whether or not my rig can handle the emulation.

My nephew recently purchased Persona 5 from a friend of his, and he said it was awesome, and I decided to get my own copy (took me a bit to find one online) and dump the system files into my computers, as the RPCS3 forums and rules in the quickstart guide suggested. Apparently the game can run well with an i7-5930K, but I currently have an i7-6700HQ. Is my current rig (with 12GB RAM, Windows 10, and x64-based processor, and it's an ASUS gaming laptop) still suitable to run the game at an okay speed?

Sorry if there isn't enough information, or if my post is a bit long-winded. I just wanted to explain my situation. I haven't downloaded RPCS3 yet, and I haven't tried to emulate any PS3 games just yet, so I can't really provide anything such as zipped files with info regarding slowness or crashes like I've seen in other posts. I just thought I'd ask if my computer would run the game at a reasonable speed. Thank you all in advance for any help and advice you can give, and have a lovely day!