This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with Jpcsp
psp 
Hello i'm new and a noob with emulators lol

I don't understand why jpcsp doesn't work on my computer...
In the beginning i wanted to play to crisis core and it didn't work but today i tried the game "cube" which is with the emulator in order to check if my computer was able to emule a psp but it didn't work too.

So i would like to know if someone can explain me bases of the software and also what is the minimal configuration required to make it work with windows vista.

Thanks!

ps: sorry for my english i'm french Blush
"Me and Cloud here are both backwaters experts. Oh yeah! " from Crisis core Big Grin
"It doesn't work" doesn't help. Tell us the error message.

You need the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE), should be JRE 6 update 21 for 32 bit Windows and the 32bit release of the emulator even if you have a 64bit Windows, it just works better.
------
Ça ne sert à rien de nous dire que ça ne marche pas si tu ne nous donnes pas le message d'erreur.
Prends la JRE 6 update 21 pour Widnows 32bit et la version 32 bit de l'émulateur même si tu as un Windows 64bit car elle marche bien mieux.

Continue la discussion en anglais, avec si tu as du mal la version française pour que d'autres personnes puissent relire le message s'ils ont le même problème.
Et être français ça n'excuse en rien que tu ne parles pas anglais, les cours à l'école, c'est pas fait pour rien !
There isn't error message, that is the problem! When i launch the game there is nothing... I already have latest java version, still doesn't work :'(
------

Orphis je n'ai jamais dit qu'on ne pouvait pas bien parler anglais en étant français, c'était juste une excuse au cas où il y aurait des fautes qui rendent mes phrases incompréhensibles!
"Me and Cloud here are both backwaters experts. Oh yeah! " from Crisis core Big Grin
(09-03-2010, 09:47 AM)zoukette514 Wrote: There isn't error message, that is the problem! When i launch the game there is nothing... I already have latest java version, still doesn't work :'(
------

Orphis je n'ai jamais dit qu'on ne pouvait pas bien parler anglais en étant français, c'était juste une excuse au cas où il y aurait des fautes qui rendent mes phrases incompréhensibles!

What version and revision of the emulator are you using. Crisis Core only works with version 0.5 rev 1500+.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

I'm using r1751, last time I tried it was the latest version, and I also donwloaded the latest version of java.
I tried on an other computer with windows 7 and it works so I think there is a problem with vista... So Does anybody have vista and a jpcsp which works?

I have an other question how can i get audio without psp? Is it possible?
i have vista and jpcsp works for me. (though the games that are available for jpcsp are old games to me, so i havent tested it out fully yet)
first of all i am new here so hello to every one

ah! sorry but there is a problem with the new version 0.6
details are as follows
for 32 bit version the MS dos batch file "start-windows-x86" does not work... it gives the message that
[Image: error1a.jpg]
i have checked the java version its up to date and working fine with all other applications...

the jar file located in the "bin" folder didnt work either and it made two folders in the same directory when i try to open it... name of folders were "ms0" and "tmp"... and one properties file...
but still nothing more happens, the emulator is not displayed at all...

i want to add this info that i tried to launch the previous version 0.5 and it worked on the computer easily... although the game i tried to play didnt work...Huh
[Image: 11.jpg]
I don't now if this will help but, have you tried to install .net 2.0. First uninstall your other versions of .net, then reinstall .net 2.0. You should also install visual basic runtime files http://en.kioskea.net/download/download-...-6-runtime

Also something miscellaneous you can try, but probably doesn't mean anything. You may have a mounting problem in your virtual drivers. I suggest downloading the latest version of daemon tools, it will run a check and fix any partition errors relating to virtual driver problems. Just something i thought about since jpcsp uses a heap stack of memory. Just something to try.
ok now the problem of launching the emulator is resolved and i install and unstall the jave several times to make it work but...

well the game i am trying to play is ultimate ninja heroes 3
good news is that its loading but with 10 fps only.....
further more i can only here the sound the image was not displayed at first but it was displayed after some time now the speed reduces to only 2fps..
i have increased my computer's virtual memory
and there is one question is there any speed ups possible till this version as i cant find any
[Image: 11.jpg]