This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Load Game/ SH Downpour
Hi all; new to the forum, and, new to RPCS3.

I'm looking to play Silent Hill: Downpour through the PS3 emulator on my computer.

I do believe my computer's specs meet/ exceed what's needed:
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit
- Samsung 512GB SSD
- Intel Core i7, 7700K Processor
- 32GB Corsair RAM
- EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 1080

I downloaded what I believe to be the latest emulator from this site; here's the name of the file:
rpcs3-v0.0.3-2017-08-13-80fee5ac_win64

I also went and retrieved the latest firmware/ software from Playstation's site:
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/suppor...dates/ps3/
It's version 4.81

I launched RPCS3 and uploaded that latest firmware. Also from recommendations I've seen, I adjusted setting for Core/ Processor, Graphics, & System. My problem, though, is the booting/ running of the game itself.

I've looked at the FAQ and the QuickStart Guide on this site, and also some tutorial videos on YouTube....but I just can't get the game to start.

On my computer's drive, I have an .iso file from the original disc of Silent Hill: Downpour. But, you don't put this image file itself within the folder where you have the RPCS3 program, do you?

What I gathered from the info I've seen, is, you use a program to unpack that .iso file (I myself have PowerISO), and then take the unpacked files/ folders, and in the RPCS3 folder, place it in:
\dev_hdd0\game

Is this correct so far?

And then, launch RPCS3, click on Boot, Boot Game, and then navigate (point) to the location of the game (like I mentioned above, I unpacked the .iso file into \dev_hdd0\game).

But the game won't start.

Have I missed something? Some certain step? What item am I missing to get the game to launch?

Thanks for any help & info,
Pez
(08-13-2017, 10:20 PM)Pez Wrote: Hi all; new to the forum, and, new to RPCS3.

I'm looking to play Silent Hill: Downpour through the PS3 emulator on my computer.

I do believe my computer's specs meet/ exceed what's needed:
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit
- Samsung 512GB SSD
- Intel Core i7, 7700K Processor
- 32GB Corsair RAM
- EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 1080

I downloaded what I believe to be the latest emulator from this site; here's the name of the file:
rpcs3-v0.0.3-2017-08-13-80fee5ac_win64

I also went and retrieved the latest firmware/ software from Playstation's site:
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/suppor...dates/ps3/
It's version 4.81

I launched RPCS3 and uploaded that latest firmware. Also from recommendations I've seen, I adjusted setting for Core/ Processor, Graphics, & System. My problem, though, is the booting/ running of the game itself.

I've looked at the FAQ and the QuickStart Guide on this site, and also some tutorial videos on YouTube....but I just can't get the game to start.

On my computer's drive, I have an .iso file from the original disc of Silent Hill: Downpour. But, you don't put this image file itself within the folder where you have the RPCS3 program, do you?

What I gathered from the info I've seen, is, you use a program to unpack that .iso file (I myself have PowerISO), and then take the unpacked files/ folders, and in the RPCS3 folder, place it in:
\dev_hdd0\game

Is this correct so far?

And then, launch RPCS3, click on Boot, Boot Game, and then navigate (point) to the location of the game (like I mentioned above, I unpacked the .iso file into \dev_hdd0\game).

But the game won't start.

Have I missed something? Some certain step? What item am I missing to get the game to launch?

Thanks for any help & info,
Pez

same problem here,
people are shit and does response this, because there is a single modified image(iso) going around and they do not want to share it