This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
r2414 new Japanese / Korean(maybe) fonts
I have noticed that this was added in this rev and though i was overjoyed, the fonts provided DO NOT WORK with Ore no Imouto at all.
I have Use non native fonts option in Jpcsp CHECKED, and this worked with the original psp fonts however it does not with these.

Ore no Imouto is the noly Jap game that i have (and works on JPCSP)
These fonts should be tested on other apps and if they don't work they should be removed (at least from the svn), because i hate having to swap the fonts every time i update to a new revision.
CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @4.2 GHZ GPU: MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB (920/1050)
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15
Yeah, I can confirm that the newly added font files don't work with that game at all. Comparing the size of the newly added font files with the ones from a real PSP, it's obvious that a lot of things are still missing in the converted font files. Or perhaps those font files weren't converted properly.
Indeed. The purpose of adding those fonts was just to provide a temporary place holder.
Apparently, many games attempt to locate these files and give errors when they are not present. So, unfortunately, we do need to supply those files. Sad
Those fonts were converted with the plain ttf2pgf application as a workaround.

However, I'm rewriting this application to provide full Unicode font conversion support and then I will replace the font files with their complete versions.
The regular Liberation Font files (ltnX.pgf files) should also be improved afterwards to match better the dimensions seen in the PSP. Wink
Cool, I didn't know the fonts files were still a work in progress. Keep up the great work as usual! Smile
(12-28-2011, 02:31 PM)Hykem Wrote: Indeed. The purpose of adding those fonts was just to provide a temporary place holder.
Apparently, many games attempt to locate these files and give errors when they are not present. So, unfortunately, we do need to supply those files. Sad
Those fonts were converted with the plain ttf2pgf application as a workaround.

However, I'm rewriting this application to provide full Unicode font conversion support and then I will replace the font files with their complete versions.
The regular Liberation Font files (ltnX.pgf files) should also be improved afterwards to match better the dimensions seen in the PSP. Wink

Recently it has come to my knowledge a program similar to ttf2pgf that has the capability to convert Unicode characters from true type fonts.

I got it from here: http://www.geocities.jp/ttf2pgfj/

All you gotta do is place the original jpn0.pgf and rename to base_jpn0.pgf in the same folder as the program. The rest should be obvious.

Not sure if this is old information, but seeing how people are troubled by this I thought it could help a little. Otherwise, please ignore my post.
I just tried converting Microsoft's Arial Unicode fonts (arialuni.ttf) with ttf2pgfj and tried the created jpn0.pgf file in the Oreimo game. It seems to actually work. Thanks for the info and link, giripoca! However, it does need the original jpn0.pgf from a real PSP as base, so I'm not sure that the created jpn0.pgf file is still legal or not. I hope Hykem will take a look at this.
Hmm.... That's really interesting! Big Grin
I had no idea that there were already other converters available. Thanks for the tip giripoca, and thanks for testing it out Itaru.
I'm going to try this one out and if it works with the available free fonts, I'll commit them right away. Wink
I've analyzed the tool and it only uses the original jpn0.pgf to rebuild the header data (just like the original ttf2pgf, but the data was hidden in the source code before).
So, to avoid any possible copyright issues, I've manually rebuilt the header data, which is public (http://www.psp-programming.com/benhur/ ) and used the tool for an easier bitmap conversion.
I've added the resulting fonts in r2439. Wink
Cool, the new fonts are working. Thanks Hykem! Smile
Now that all the fonts are working, shouldn't the "Use non-native fonts from flash0 folder" option be removed from the configuration and make it always enabled? Or at least make it enabled by default? Is there a compatibility problem with certain games with that option enabled?