This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 remix. Black Screen/Static Image on Jafar boss fight
Hey everybody. I like to refrain from posting on forums like these because I can typically find and fix the issue without bothering anybody. I am however coming across an issue which is proving near-impossible to get around without some sort of technical intervention.

The issue can be seen in this image:
[Image: dSVtJ4yl.jpg]

As you can see, my screen is a static image, however the gameplay is still in effect, meaning that I can perform attacks on Jafar however cannot see where to navigate during the boss fight in order to deal damage to him through damaging the lamp.

I tried changing the renderer from Vulkan to OpenGL with no change other than blue discolouration.

Anybody got ideas on how I can fix this issue?
Thanks!
Update:

I got past the boss fight by spamming jump and attack, eventually (after around 30-40 minutes) I hit enough times to end the boss fight.

Everything returned to normal, and I've saved after the boss fight. It'd be great if somebody could still provide any and all potential fixes though, since it could happen further in the game.

Thanks.

PS: I'm getting missing textures on the Monstro "world", allowing you to see through the level. Makes it difficult to see the tunnels you need to navigate through.

[Image: kNWhLBH.png]
I've experienced both of these issues. Like the guy before suggested, you can kinda just jump around until you get lucky and hit the lamp enough to end the fight and it goes back to normal.

The Monstro texture issue was a little more annoying, i ended up watching someone's play-through on youtube to make sure i was going the right way. The boss fight doesn't have the issue, then the supplementary boss battle is fine too.

The real issue i have so far is that i'm having the Jafar fight, static image issue in Atlantica, can you imagine how long it takes you to blindly find flounder a few times, fight four heartless, then open a clam shell, then manage to get into the clam shell again to leave the world? 30 minutes man, it was hell. Had to look up videos again to see what the room looked like. I tried leaving and returning, resetting my emulator and all that fun stuff, fiddled with a few settings but nothing has seemed to fix it, looking for some direction, at this point, i can finish up the worlds and go to the Peter Pan world, but once i'm done there i'll be stuck until someone can make it playable again. Fingers crossed guys.

Also, here's what it looks like if you manage to leave and return: