This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forcing Jpcsp to use more RAM?
Is there any way to force Jpcsp to use more RAM? Currently the 32 bit version can only use about 2 GB max I think, and in games like Dissidia Duodecim, I'm always running out of memory after 10-15 mins of playing (since I have vertex cache and shaders enabled for better performance), and it gets annoying to restart the emulator every once in a while.

I have 8 GB worth of RAM and I'd like Jpcsp to use up to 50% (I think that's the limit since Windows reserves half for itself iirc), without needing to use 64 bit Java since it has no sound.
Yes, if you do following steps:

#1 - for 32-bit OS only:
------------------------------------------------------------
for Windows 2k/XP -> add attributes "/3GB /Userva=3072" in boot.ini, like this:
Quote:[Boot Loader]
Timeout=30
Default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT
[Operating Systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows Server 2003" /fastdetect /3GB /Userva=3072

for Windows Vista/7 -> run command line from administrator and type there
Quote:BCDEDIT /Set IncreaseUserVa 3072
wait until receive message with operation completed and reboot.

#2 - adding LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE flag
Get 4GB Patch tool and patch java.exe

After those steps 32-bit applications with LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE flag could use up to 3Gb on 32-bit OS (and up to 4Gb on 64-bit OS).
(12-25-2011, 06:52 PM)Finzy Wrote: without needing to use 64 bit Java since it has no sound.

What's the last JPCSP version you tried?
(12-26-2011, 03:50 AM)bugmenot Wrote:
(12-25-2011, 06:52 PM)Finzy Wrote: without needing to use 64 bit Java since it has no sound.

What's the last JPCSP version you tried?

Obviously not the version released within the last month because if he had tried it, he would've found that the 64-bit version now has glorious sound. Big Grin
Damn it, that should've been mentioned more clearly, I thought only videos worked on the 64 bit build. Tongue Awesome news anyways, guess I'll just install 64 bit Java and get playing then.

EDIT: The 4 GB patch worked just as well, thanks for the help!