This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPCS3 won't launch anymore.
Since a couple builds ago, RPCS3 simply doesn't open. When I try to open it, nothing happens but it shows up in the task manager although with weird numbers, like taking 25% of my CPU even if it's not doing anything.

I've deleted every RPCS3-related files and did a fresh download, I've allowed my RPCS3 folder in my anti-virus and firewall and I've made sure I had everything from the Quickstart guide (which I already had done a long time ago, since RPCS3 worked for me before).

I'm kind of at a loss as to why the emulator stopped working.
This is weird..
I think someone reported this happening a while back before but no one found the cause
Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Laptop: Intel i7 6700HQ, Intel HD 530, 2x8G 2133MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: FX-8350, R9 280X, 2x4G 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
(06-23-2017, 08:17 PM)XtraT Wrote: Since a couple builds ago, RPCS3 simply doesn't open. When I try to open it, nothing happens but it shows up in the task manager although with weird numbers, like taking 25% of my CPU even if it's not doing anything.

I've deleted every RPCS3-related files and did a fresh download, I've allowed my RPCS3 folder in my anti-virus and firewall and I've made sure I had everything from the Quickstart guide (which I already had done a long time ago, since RPCS3 worked for me before).

I'm kind of at a loss as to why the emulator stopped working.

What's your operating system?
If you're on Windows 10, exactly what version?
What's your CPU? GPU?
What build of RPCS3 are you trying to run?
Are you on a laptop?
OK well I found the issue, Rivatuner Statistics (an old version since automatic updating seems to not be working, process name RTSS.exe) seems to be the cause of my issue. More specifically its sub-process (?) RTSSHookLoader64.exe seems to be the main culprit. After ending that process in the task manager, the emulator now loads fine. So yeah, seems like I had an old version of Rivatuner.