This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mapping the Right Analog Stick?
Can we have the option to map the right analog stick to what ever we feel like? Actually can we just map the D pad to the right analog stick? Since most games use the D pad for camera.
One more time!
Reposting instead of editing in case you already read this but I wanted to add something I forgot. I want to be able to keep using the D-Pad but also use the right stick. Since some games use the D-pad for other things besides the camera.
One more time!
well alternatively you can work your way around it with program like xpadder.
just curious what problem did you have mapping the right analog stick to the d pad, I tried it and it worked ok here (though the GUI is extremely sensitive to any kind of movement (needs a deadzone option :p), but I agree allowing multi input setting for each control might be nice.
maybe he has problems with having his analog detected.

there are still some bugs in the controller set up, for example mine mixes up the dpad (detected as pov) with a mouse, and setting it to anything in a controller will also change the setting for a mouse.

then it causes the dpad to lock up while in game in some cases, and won't accept any input until everything's released.
Oh, I'm not having any problems with setting it up other then the fact that it keeps reading the Z axis every time I map a button. So I end up having to hit that button over and over hoping it reads that instead of Z. I was just wondering if we can get muilt functioning mapping to use the right analog stick and the D-pad for the same buttons.
One more time!
Just continue trying. It does that to me as well and it's not only JPCSP having that issue. I experience the same with PCSX2. Could be that your right stick is just super sensitive.
(12-22-2011, 06:11 AM)hyakki Wrote: just curious what problem did you have mapping the right analog stick to the d pad, I tried it and it worked ok here (though the GUI is extremely sensitive to any kind of movement (needs a deadzone option :p), but I agree allowing multi input setting for each control might be nice.

Yes, double input setting would be awesome and very handy!! Please try to look at that when you get bored some day! Tongue
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10