This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II [BLUS31597]
Been playing this on the newest version of the emulator. It works nicely, except for some dips in fps. But the black patches return after playing for maybe 10-15 minutes and does not dissipate until I restart the emulator.

Settings:
Sandybridge setup
LLMV Recompiler for PPU Decoder
ASMJIT Recompiler for SPU Decoder
OpenGL
Invalid Cache Every Frame and GPU Texture Scaling selected.
(06-24-2017, 01:49 AM)jazjaz36 Wrote: By importing, you mean using the clear save from 1 into 2? Well I have been doing every single combination. (I keep trying to get a clear save file from both the 1st and 2nd game from gamefaqs) simply because I want to get the costumes without having to finish the game.

NOW I have two main issues. Sometimes when I try loading a file on the first game, it says the "DLC has not been installed and save file can not be loaded." I did get a DLC from 1st and the costumes are there, but every other costume other than the casual clothes doesn't change the character appearance and just goes into the box after I reload my save file.

For the second game, I tried loading the save files I got from gamefaqs (even changing the folder name to match my own) and I think I even got the necessary DLC, but I either get this error when I load the file
F {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x0029d854]} MEM: Access violation reading location 0x534

or the file loads but just returns to the title screen. How did it work for you? What build rpcs3 did you use? and you do what to the save file?
Yes, I played the first game in the build I downloaded a month ago or so. Then I got the whole save folder, and got one of the save subfolders that seemed the most recent (number 255 or 100, I do not remember or know what is each one). I just created manually the new game save folder (you can also wait for the game to create it itself probably), and placed that save inside.

When I tried to start the game, a prompt appeared telling me to load the clear save data, and that's all.

On the other hand, I said I was having huge frame rate issues. Well I updated to the last build, and now it works amazing. Most of the time I get 30fps, except some specific areas. I'm very happy.

For those of you curious, I did nothing special, just followed the instructions in the first page. I am no expert at all anyway. xD
(06-25-2017, 10:00 AM)Chaoscontrol Wrote:
(06-24-2017, 01:49 AM)jazjaz36 Wrote: By importing, you mean using the clear save from 1 into 2? Well I have been doing every single combination. (I keep trying to get a clear save file from both the 1st and 2nd game from gamefaqs) simply because I want to get the costumes without having to finish the game.

NOW I have two main issues. Sometimes when I try loading a file on the first game, it says the "DLC has not been installed and save file can not be loaded." I did get a DLC from 1st and the costumes are there, but every other costume other than the casual clothes doesn't change the character appearance and just goes into the box after I reload my save file.

For the second game, I tried loading the save files I got from gamefaqs (even changing the folder name to match my own) and I think I even got the necessary DLC, but I either get this error when I load the file
F {PPU[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x0029d854]} MEM: Access violation reading location 0x534

or the file loads but just returns to the title screen. How did it work for you? What build rpcs3 did you use? and you do what to the save file?
Yes, I played the first game in the build I downloaded a month ago or so. Then I got the whole save folder, and got one of the save subfolders that seemed the most recent (number 255 or 100, I do not remember or know what is each one). I just created manually the new game save folder (you can also wait for the game to create it itself probably), and placed that save inside.

When I tried to start the game, a prompt appeared telling me to load the clear save data, and that's all.

On the other hand, I said I was having huge frame rate issues. Well I updated to the last build, and now it works amazing. Most of the time I get 30fps, except some specific areas. I'm very happy.

For those of you curious, I did nothing special, just followed the instructions in the first page. I am no expert at all anyway. xD

i see. i do the same thing (put in the actual save files that i downloaded on the folder the game makes but i just get the same problem) the save doesn't load. instead the intro movie just plays again and i'm back to title page.

so to use the clear save, you click "new game" instead of "load game"? I tried them both but i am never asked whether i want to load clear data.

for the latest build that you used to get the best framerate... did you mean this?
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rpcs3/rp...0.0.2-5018
1ed857c7?
(06-25-2017, 12:54 PM)jazjaz36 Wrote:

i see. i do the same thing (put in the actual save files that i downloaded on the folder the game makes but i just get the same problem) the save doesn't load. instead the intro movie just plays again and i'm back to title page.

so to use the clear save, you click "new game" instead of "load game"? I tried them both but i am never asked whether i want to load clear data.

for the latest build that you used to get the best framerate... did you mean this?
1ed857c7?

It prompted when using New game. And not instantly, it was after selecting difficulty and so on I think. I also thought that it wasn't working, and when I had given up and went on to just play, then I saw it. Tongue

The one I am using currently is from couple of days ago b724841a.
(06-25-2017, 01:17 PM)Chaoscontrol Wrote:

1ed857c7?

It prompted when using New game. And not instantly, it was after selecting difficulty and so on I think. I also thought that it wasn't working, and when I had given up and went on to just play, then I saw it. Tongue

i'll just assume that its just before the opening narration starts then. i'll try the newest build and then try again. i'm also having speed issues too but not as bothersome as yours before though. and i am still on the first game so...

i think that there are two sets of game files. a system data and then the save data. i assume that you leave the system data as is, empty the save file folder and then copy your files?

oh is the emulator still just single save files?

the emulator latest tried build was 1ed857c7 but i can always try both versions. thanks.

oh lastly. have you been using DLC? all the save files i get from gamefaqs need them.
(06-25-2017, 01:55 PM)jazjaz36 Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 01:17 PM)Chaoscontrol Wrote:

1ed857c7?

i'll just assume that its just before the opening narration starts then. i'll try the newest build and then try again. i'm also having speed issues too but not as bothersome as yours before though. and i am still on the first game so...

i think that there are two sets of game files. a system data and then the save data. i assume that you leave the system data as is, empty the save file folder and then copy your files?

oh is the emulator still just single save files?

the emulator latest tried build was 1ed857c7 but i can always try both versions. thanks.

oh lastly. have you been using DLC? all the save files i get from gamefaqs need them.
I didn't empty anything. Really, I just copied the folder and changed the name for the second game.

No DLC at all. I didn't even know of them.
Guys, can I ask how much is your average framerate in Ymir and Lunaria Nature Park?
in latest builds games after some time
F {MFC Thread} MEM: Access violation reading location 0x0

using opengl
also black faces
(06-27-2017, 12:24 PM)Jhon1234 Wrote: in latest builds games after some time
F {MFC Thread} MEM: Access violation reading location 0x0

using opengl
also black faces

Black face and black texture problem seems to be common among new builds. I too get that. Not sure if there is a fix for it yet.
I think it's known.
If it happens on OpenGL and not on Vulkan then it's known, should be fixed relatively soon
Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Laptop: Intel i7 6700HQ, Intel HD 530, 2x8G 2133MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: FX-8350, R9 280X, 2x4G 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux