This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious Java and SonicStage issues???
Sorry for double posting (is that allowed here? Try as I might, I couldn't find any rules). Just making sure that this information is gotten across. Ok, so now my game keeps crashing no matter what whenever I try to load. But then it works fine on r1975. Unfortunately, for one of the logs (where I battled Vanitas), I had to use this slower version, and had to keep pressing the X button; and since the emulator didn't pick up 90% of the button presses, but just enough to keep the game going, my fingers are kind of sore after pushing the X button AT LEAST 1,000 times trying to show something, but I kept dying Sad Anyways, attached are the logs, and following is some more info:

LogX1: All logs that have the 1 mean that I was trying to load Aqua in Castle of Dreams world right before the pumpkin boss (forgot the name).

LogX2: All logs that have the 2 mean that I was trying to load Ventus in Keyblade Graveyard world right before Vanitas.

LogAY: Both logs with the A in them were using the newest version of JPCSP (2413). Crashed for both 1 and 2.

Log BY: Both logs with the B in them were using a version that isn't too old (2240). Crashed for both 1 and 2.

Log CY: Both logs with the C in them were using a rather old version (1975). Worked fine in 1 and 2 (except for the major speed loss between versions).

In case you didn't read my above post, I did uninstall and reinstall Java and SonicStage. SS seems to work fine now (90% of the time) and Java....works fine I guess. It's possible I may need to restart my computer, maybe that's why it's been crashing so much.

P.S. Should I post suggestions for the devs here, or make a new thread? Also, if there are rules here, could somebody please point me to them?

Thanks for any and all help.

Attached Files
.html   LogA1.html (Size: 49.97 KB / Downloads: 109)
.html   LogA2.html (Size: 55.36 KB / Downloads: 112)
.html   LogB1.html (Size: 35.95 KB / Downloads: 112)
.html   LogB2.html (Size: 16.42 KB / Downloads: 94)
.zip   LogC1.zip (Size: 12.36 KB / Downloads: 75)
.zip   LogC2.zip (Size: 11.16 KB / Downloads: 83)
Based on the logs, this could quite be your problem:
Code:
49947 user_main INFO hle.IoFileMgrForUser hleIoOpen filename = ms0:/PSP/SAVEDATA/ULUS10505DATA/BBS1.DAT flags = 40000001 permissions = 00
50645 user_main ERROR hle.IoFileMgrForUser java.io.IOException: Negative seek offset

Seems like you just got caught in an odd coincidence. In the newer revs we've added Data Install support and this game tries to load it at some point, but it seems to be corrupted.
Could you please try deleting the whole SAVEDATA/ULUS10505DATA folder? Thanks!
(12-22-2011, 10:12 AM)Hykem Wrote: Based on the logs, this could quite be your problem:
Code:
49947 user_main INFO hle.IoFileMgrForUser hleIoOpen filename = ms0:/PSP/SAVEDATA/ULUS10505DATA/BBS1.DAT flags = 40000001 permissions = 00
50645 user_main ERROR hle.IoFileMgrForUser java.io.IOException: Negative seek offset

Seems like you just got caught in an odd coincidence. In the newer revs we've added Data Install support and this game tries to load it at some point, but it seems to be corrupted.
Could you please try deleting the whole SAVEDATA/ULUS10505DATA folder? Thanks!

Ok, I deleted that folder; and it didn't seem to make any difference (except it got rid of the error, but it still crashed like it did before). Then I decide to delete the TMP folder. And then it works fine! Then I decide to do Vanitas again, and it all goes smoothly. I got one error when it used to crash right after the cutscene after I defeat him, but it just showed the error; the game continued.

Anyways, I think my problem is resolved, I'll edit later if I find any more problems! Thanks for your help JPCSP devs and community Smile If you'd like, I'll delete this post after 24 hours unless something else comes up related to my previous problems.

EDIT: Ok, so the game crashes after the cutscene after I defeat the pumpkin boss in Castle of Dreams in Aqua's story. Attached is the log. The error didn't come up right away, but it did come up nonetheless. Also, it went to "pause" instead of "run" so I pressed the "run" button repeatedly (it's helped before), but it didn't work. It kept bringing up the error.

Thanks for all of your hardwork, and for all of your awesomeness Smile

Also, I won't be deleting this post yet, until the problem is solved, or at least there is an explanation Smile

EDIT 2: Got a new error I don't think I've ever gotten before. It was more of a random error this time, instead of just happening when loading. Attached is the error the command prompt window gave. It's possible there's no solution to this, and that I just need to run less processes on my computer at one time Wink

Thanks for any and all help!

P.S. The log is "log.zip" and the error I just now updated is "Error.txt".

Attached Files
.zip   log.zip (Size: 8.1 KB / Downloads: 82)
.txt   Error.txt (Size: 2.46 KB / Downloads: 59)
Hmmm... The first error seems to be just a couple of bad memory accesses, which can be often ignored. Just go to Options > Configuration > Memory, and then enable "Ignore invalid memory access (not recommended for test reports, but improves performance)".
However, it would be interesting to analyze what is causing those errors. Could you please post here your SAVEDATA folder for this game? Thanks!

As for the second error, it is indeed a somewhat random situation. The emulator just ran out of memory, which may happen sometimes when running heavy games.
While JPCSP becomes more and more optimized, the chances of this happening shall get smaller.
(12-22-2011, 07:23 PM)Hykem Wrote: However, it would be interesting to analyze what is causing those errors. Could you please post here your SAVEDATA folder for this game? Thanks!

Attached is my savefiles for this game. Sorry, there's quite a few files Wink Anyways, the top one with Ventus (green) and the next Ventus (green) save files are the ones right before Vanitas. Probably won't require any checking. The third from the top, Aqua's (blue), is the one right before the pumpkin boss. (If you're actually going to fight it, I suggest replacing "Bind" with "Thunder" on the commands list. As the crash comes after the battle.)

(12-22-2011, 07:23 PM)Hykem Wrote: Could you please post here your SAVEDATA folder for this game? Thanks!

(12-22-2011, 07:23 PM)Hykem Wrote: While JPCSP becomes more and more optimized, the chances of this happening shall get smaller.

I really like you guys. You work on this gigantic project a LOT (I've seen all of those updates/SVN builds, and all of your posting and reading of long logs). You do it for virtually free (donations?). And you are very polite people. I respect you guys, and I wish you good luck in life.

BTW, on the JPCSP homepage (jpcsp.org), it has a link for donations. Does any of this money go to you and Gid? If so I'll definitely consider donating Smile

Oh, and there's one thing I left out: thank you very much JPCSP devs!

Attached Files
.rar   SAVEDATA.rar (Size: 1.52 MB / Downloads: 77)
(12-23-2011, 01:50 AM)ventusrocks Wrote:
(12-22-2011, 07:23 PM)Hykem Wrote: However, it would be interesting to analyze what is causing those errors. Could you please post here your SAVEDATA folder for this game? Thanks!

Attached is my savefiles for this game. Sorry, there's quite a few files Wink Anyways, the top one with Ventus (green) and the next Ventus (green) save files are the ones right before Vanitas. Probably won't require any checking. The third from the top, Aqua's (blue), is the one right before the pumpkin boss. (If you're actually going to fight it, I suggest replacing "Bind" with "Thunder" on the commands list. As the crash comes after the battle.)

(12-22-2011, 07:23 PM)Hykem Wrote: Could you please post here your SAVEDATA folder for this game? Thanks!

(12-22-2011, 07:23 PM)Hykem Wrote: While JPCSP becomes more and more optimized, the chances of this happening shall get smaller.

I really like you guys. You work on this gigantic project a LOT (I've seen all of those updates/SVN builds, and all of your posting and reading of long logs). You do it for virtually free (donations?). And you are very polite people. I respect you guys, and I wish you good luck in life.

BTW, on the JPCSP homepage (jpcsp.org), it has a link for donations. Does any of this money go to you and Gid? If so I'll definitely consider donating Smile

Oh, and there's one thing I left out: thank you very much JPCSP devs!

Thank you very much! It's really good to have our work appreciated. Smile
Concerning the donations, I believe shadow is in charge of that. I've never really looked into that, since I always work for free and with my own resources. I think gid also doesn't use them, so pretty much all the money collected would be for helping shadow maintaining the domains (jpcsp.org, emunewz.net) running.
Anyway, thanks for posting the SAVEDATA and for the detailed instructions. I'll try to reproduce this crash and determine what's causing the bad memory accesses. Wink
BBS isn't fully supported yet, that's why. Also, how can you even run JPCSP without Java? The J stands for Java.

EDIT
Seems you got help from the staff.
(12-24-2011, 10:35 PM)LeaT Wrote: Also, how can you even run JPCSP without Java? The J stands for Java.

I didn't try it without Java. I had to uninstall and reinstall it to make it work properly (also applies to SonicStage).