This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious Java and SonicStage issues???
I used to use JPCSP almost problem free; Java and SonicStage worked great and in sync. Then, I installed a hard drive into my computer (from a "dead" computer), and it has Windows XP on it (the drive I was using for JPCSP had Windows 7). Then, I install SonicStage and Java separately on the "new" hard drive, and then I play the game; works fine (all of this on the newly installed drive). Then, I play it on the drive that was already installed (which I'll call the "old" drive), and the music/SonicStage doesn't work anymore! Since then, it never really has worked; and I've tried new versions of JPCSP, deleting TMP files, changing UAC (User Account Control) options to allow everybody to use Java and SonicStage (Sony) program files, and also with the JPCSP files. Still, SonicStage doesn't work, and my games crash MUCH more often than they used to (especially when it gets to parts that require media). So did anybody have any ideas about how to fix this? I also tried it on the "new" hard drive; SS still didn't work Sad I will do anything except reformat my computer Wink

Attached is the profiler.txt of a fight with Vanitas in Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (US). The game crashes right after the cutscene where Ventus knocks the keyblade out of Vanitas's hands (right after the final fight in the game). I don't know what the problem is (I used to breeze through this part and be able to listen to music, which I couldn't while I played the game just now), and any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Attached Files
.zip   profiler.zip (Size: 220.45 KB / Downloads: 82)
should've posted the log instead. profiler doesn't say much about the crashes from what i know.

did you try to reinstall sonicstage btw?
(12-20-2011, 08:45 AM)serio Wrote: should've posted the log instead. profiler doesn't say much about the crashes from what i know.

did you try to reinstall sonicstage btw?

Oh, sorry about that.

Yes, I uninstalled SonicStage, and then reinstalled it. It still wouldn't work.

As for the log, I just looked at it, and it's 0 bytes? Is there a setting I need to check for it to update or something?

Thanks for any and all help!
you need to turn the log window on (go to debug>tools>logger>show logger and set it to log level: info)
(12-20-2011, 04:48 PM)serio Wrote: you need to turn the log window on (go to debug>tools>logger>show logger and set it to log level: info)

Ok, attached is my INFO/Log. As you'll probably notice in the Log, it said it couldn't decode the music; this is my main problem and the music used to work all the time. Now, it never works. Also, the game crashed (as in, the screen went black [like it was loading] and never came back) after the cutscene where Ventus knocks the X-Blade out of Vanitas's hands. It crashes whether I skip the cutscene or watch all of it (which I did in this instance). Also, when I closed out the program, it briefly popped up on the command prompt window something about JPCSP Allegrex Compiler or something right before it closed. Not sure what the problem is. Should I reinstall Java and SonicStage?

Note: The following settings were enabled on the Video tab: "Use Vertex Cache" "Use Shaders (experimental)" "Disable UBO..." "Enable VAO..." "Enable saving of GE screen to textures instead of memory" and "Enable decoding of indexed textures... in shader..." The game goes much faster with these settings, and it crashed when I had no Video settings enabled. Also, for the Media tab, I had: "Use Media Engine" "Extract media files to TMP folder" and "Decode audio files with SonicStage".

Attached Files
.zip   log.zip (Size: 11.9 KB / Downloads: 83)
It might be because you're on Java 7, when most of JPCSP is coded for Java 6. Try uninstalling Java 7 and getting Java 6 instead?
(12-21-2011, 02:04 AM)kytoxid Wrote: It might be because you're on Java 7, when most of JPCSP is coded for Java 6. Try uninstalling Java 7 and getting Java 6 instead?

I would consider that, except it used to work fine on 7. Then one day it simply decided it wouldn't work anymore Sad

Thanks for the input though.
I run jpcsp on Java 7 with no problems whatsoever.
CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @4.2 GHZ GPU: MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB (920/1050)
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15
Did you try to completely turn off music or does that mess up with cutscenes?
(12-22-2011, 02:23 AM)LeaT Wrote: Did you try to completely turn off music or does that mess up with cutscenes?

I tried turning off the music and media engine, and it still didn't work; then anyway. Okay, I completely uninstalled Java and SonicStage, and now the music works. But the game still crashed at the same time in the game. So then I use a REALLY old version (1975) and it works perfectly (well, slower because I didn't have as many video options, but it worked none the less). So I got past that part. However, it still keeps crashing on me a lot (Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep US).

P.S. My log is attached to one of my above posts.