This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
STAR OCEAN: First Departure - ULUS10374
nothing of this settings no work((( (sorry for bad english, i'm Russian)
you have settings for JPCSP SVN R2211 x86?
(07-18-2011, 07:34 AM)hyakki Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 02:18 AM)Butz_san Wrote:
(07-17-2011, 07:40 AM)hyakki Wrote:
(07-17-2011, 07:30 AM)Butz_san Wrote: Ok, I've been testing this game and it seems that now, when you start a new game, the emu let you play with all your characters visible, no invisible characters at all, but when you save in the world map and return to the first town, the characters start to become invisible Sad

I actually think you fall through the map when returning to the town since you can't move the character anymore, but you can access the game menus.
This game still has a ton of strange problems.

Edit: Now, the emu let you play the first town 100% with graṕhics, but as soon as you go out of the town and enter to any other town, the characters start to become invisible, I don't know how, but the emu has made a great progress Big Grin

hmm interesting, also just tested with the linux version and oddly enough the characters are visible without the stencil test option that would be needed in the windows version to get partly visible characters.

Is there any way to decode the videos in linux 64bits?, I can't get media engine to work I'm using debian x64 Sad. And yes, it seems that only works on Linux =P

Edit: I just tested your options checked in the emu and the game now has all the characters visible O_o, tonight I'm going to do a deep test to see what happens later in the game Big Grin
People in videogames are blind

Dark Devils Translations team
(07-18-2011, 04:47 PM)Butz_san Wrote:
(07-17-2011, 07:30 AM)Butz_san Wrote: Ok, I've been testing this game and it seems that now, when you start a new game, the emu let you play with all your characters visible, no invisible characters at all, but when you save in the world map and return to the first town, the characters start to become invisible Sad

I actually think you fall through the map when returning to the town since you can't move the character anymore, but you can access the game menus.

Edit: Now, the emu let you play the first town 100% with graṕhics, but as soon as you go out of the town and enter to any other town, the characters start to become invisible, I don't know how, but the emu has made a great progress Big Grin

hmm interesting, also just tested with the linux version and oddly enough the characters are visible without the stencil test option that would be needed in the windows version to get partly visible characters.

Is there any way to decode the videos in linux 64bits?, I can't get media engine to work I'm using debian x64 Sad. And yes, it seems that only works on Linux =P

not sure about 64bit linux (I only have 32bit :\) , but im pretty sure there is a 64bit xuggle for linux so might want to start there then replace / update the xuggle files in jpcsp lib and linux-amd64 dirs (can probably copy how the windows version works, just put the linux equivalent in)

you will most likely have to also add it to the system env path in linux
in the start-linux-amd64.sh file add above the java cmd
PATH=$PATH:lib/linux-amd64/
(this might also need to be the fullpath to jpcsp, PATH=$PATH:<path-to-jpcsp>/lib/linux-amd64/)

try it out, start jpcsp and enable the media engine see what happens, I cant really help any further then that Smile
(07-18-2011, 08:35 PM)hyakki Wrote:
(07-18-2011, 04:47 PM)Butz_san Wrote:

not sure about 64bit linux (I only have 32bit :\) , but im pretty sure there is a 64bit xuggle for linux so might want to start there then replace / update the xuggle files in jpcsp lib and linux-amd64 dirs (can probably copy how the windows version works, just put the linux equivalent in)

you will most likely have to also add it to the system env path in linux
in the start-linux-amd64.sh file add above the java cmd
PATH=$PATH:lib/linux-amd64/
(this might also need to be the fullpath to jpcsp, PATH=$PATH:<path-to-jpcsp>/lib/linux-amd64/)

try it out, start jpcsp and enable the media engine see what happens, I cant really help any further then that Smile

I reinstall debian , but now the x86 version, downloaded xugglex86 but I got this message when I enable video decoding

Code:
Exception in thread "SQEXTEC Movie Decode" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.xuggle.xuggler.IContainer
    at jpcsp.media.MediaEngine.init(MediaEngine.java:303)
    at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.sceMpeg.sceMpegGetAvcAu(sceMpeg.java:1063)
    at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.sceMpeg$17.execute(sceMpeg.java:2424)
    at jpcsp.HLE.modules.HLEModuleManager.handleSyscall(HLEModuleManager.java:382)
    at jpcsp.HLE.SyscallHandler.syscall(SyscallHandler.java:111)
    at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.syscall(RuntimeContext.java:670)
    at _S1_2_89A1E10.s(_S1_2_89A1E10.java:4)
    at _S1_2_885D9E0.s(_S1_2_885D9E0.java:116)
    at _S1_2_885D708.s(_S1_2_885D708.java:144)
    at _S1_2_885D708.exec(_S1_2_885D708.java)
    at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.runThread(RuntimeContext.java:701)
    at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeThread.run(RuntimeThread.java:51)

This happens with Final fantasy VII crisis core Sad

what settings or configuration are any of you using for this to get it to work/run 100 percent without invisible characters ect. or is this still only half playable. it seems like this and star ocean the second evolution are having some compatibility issues or something i don't know i get inivisble characters on star ocean 1 and can't get past that opening bit on star ocean 2 go figure.
(07-26-2011, 03:14 PM)mordaki987 Wrote: what settings or configuration are any of you using for this to get it to work/run 100 percent without invisible characters ect. or is this still only half playable. it seems like this and star ocean the second evolution are having some compatibility issues or something i don't know i get inivisble characters on star ocean 1 and can't get past that opening bit on star ocean 2 go figure.

It's pretty odd, in Jpcsp Linux version you can fully play the game with no invisible characters, but you won't be able to see any video at all in any game Sad. In windows you can see all the videos but you'll get invisible characters since the begining of the game Sad

i dont know what linux to instal, i have instaled ubuntu, but i dont know how to instal drivers, i have seen some tutorials how to instal drivers, but i found something like add a new drive, but didnt work.
Butz_san In the linux is necesary the path xuggle library on you /etc/profile or you home/user/.bashrc

example path

export XUGGLE_HOME=/home/maximu/xuggler (On you install xuggler library)
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$XUGGLE_HOME/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export PATH=$XUGGLE_HOME/bin:$PATH
[Image: 1388267.png]
(07-29-2011, 11:48 AM)MaXiMu Wrote: Butz_san In the linux is necesary the path xuggle library on you /etc/profile or you home/user/.bashrc

example path

or you can add that to the start script (start-linux-x86.sh) above the java cmd if you don't want to mess with the system/user profiles.
(07-29-2011, 12:07 PM)hyakki Wrote:
(07-29-2011, 11:48 AM)MaXiMu Wrote: Butz_san In the linux is necesary the path xuggle library on you /etc/profile or you home/user/.bashrc

example path

or you can add that to the start script (start-linux-x86.sh) above the java cmd if you don't want to mess with the system/user profiles.

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Man!!!!!!!!!!!! Great news, thanks to Maximu and hyakki, this works on Linux x64!!!! Now the game is fully playable with videos Big Grin. DOn't know why this happens but In Starocean Second Evolution is the same, fully playable in Linux, full speed Big Grin.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)