This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
STAR OCEAN: First Departure - ULUS10374
(12-27-2012, 04:56 PM)HawTs Wrote:
(12-27-2012, 03:56 PM)digiadventures Wrote: Well, if you could read video options in first post, why couldn't you read that it only works in 64bit jpcsp ?
And in order to use 64bit jpcsp, you need to have 64 bit OS.
Which you should have already, since 64 bit version is better.
If you dont , I suggest upgrading to 64bit OS ( win 7 x64 for example )

What the hell is this reply ?! Where is the help ? i'm asking for help to make this work under 32bit and this dude just... oh well nevermind...

Again if someone with a BRAIN could help me please and thank you !!

You are the one without functioning brain if you cant even now understand that it does not work on 32bit.
Maybe it would help if I draw you a picture ?
Read what hyakki said.
Thank You, hyakki it was an answer like this i was looking for.
Hope you learned that you have to read closely and not to be so rude with other members
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
Can't get this game to run correctly.

Without Color Mask enabled the characters are invisible but even with it on the Characters will overlap certain objects that they should appear behind.

And with color mask enabled the fps drops to become unplayable when running around the outside world map.
It's using 100% of my GPU and I have a GTX 570.

Software mode also has and issue with the character sprites not being rendered correctly with blank dotted portions not being filled in.

Also the audio has a bit of static in it when in game but the cutscenes are fine.
Vsync doesn't seem to work since I notice lots of screen tearing.

Anyone have advice to getting this running without those issues?
Currently using the latest version (jpcsp-2956)

First of all... THANKS EVERYONE! Just got all this setup and none of it would have been possible without all of this information.

Second... In reply to you RyviusRan

I'm getting the same dang static with the sound... not great, but hey could be worse.

I am however, getting the same overlap problem. In experiment i've only found that using software rendering works. Doesn't kill my framerate (3770k w/ 6970 2GB) but makes the sprites grainy and puts empty pixels scattered throughout the sprite.

Anyone else possibly have any solutions?

Thanks!
This game is giving me a lot of freezing problems during dialogue. Everything else in the game works just fine.

I've read every single page and tried every possible solution, changed tons of settings, xmx values, max values, settings, updated drivers, tried different revisions of Jpcsp, nothing stops the game from freezing during talking. Is there a fix to this? According to others, they were able to play just fine without freezing and my computer is definitely not ancient and can run any game just fine so it's not that...
Hi there. I'm using JPCSP 3198.
Used all settings you said, everyting works fine, but battle screen is just black. Battle is going, but i don't see anything.
Please help, i'll appreciate any help.
UPDATE:
Oh sorry, i found it myself. I just though i need to use software render to make it work, as i checked the last comments. They made me mistake ^__^ Angel
I'm getting aforementioned issues with the game but with no good results using the fixes people posted... I'm on 64-bit, with a 6870 HD AMD video card. Cutscenes work fine, but sprites appear buggy (they have transparency holes and whatnot, and sometimes are only outlines). I can't get past much of anything to see what other bugs there are, because the first battle is nothing but an empty black screen. Whenever I try to enable shaders, the game just goes into a solid pink color, and it cannot revert back. Without Software Rendering enabled, sprites do not appear. Is it simply not working right now with my graphics card?
I am getting this weird problem, when i command to run the game the emulator shows a pink screen and i can't see anything, just this pink solid screen, lol. (however the song of the intro is going)

I am using the jpcsp version 0.7-3277:3301 (as a matter of fact, this versions is the newest in the download area, i have downloaded it today July 7th)

Here my specs:

Amd FX 8320 oc'ed to 4.6ghz
Ati Radeon Graphics 6870
8GB ram

Hope to get some help here guys, this game is a pain in the ass (at least for me).

PS: I can run this game with software mode, is that a problem? It will crash?
Any update on this game? Tried it on 3375 and i can get to first battle scene with Software mode, but then it black screens and nothing i do can change it.