This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
STAR OCEAN: First Departure - ULUS10374
(12-18-2012, 10:42 AM)DarkSandy Wrote: mm.. with uncheck it i have characters disappear. or it only town problem? i'll try it home later. thank u.

2 digiadventures
it's windowed mode fps. Sad

Are you sure you are playing with small screen ( 1x resize ) ?
You shouldn't have problems with speed if you are playing at 1x.
You can also try software rendering option, see how that works for you,but people have reported that it freezes at some parts, when that happens disable it
commonly i playing 2x screen. in 1x screen fps rises by 1..3
ok i'll try software rendering later.
if you want and you have a semi decent video card, you can lower the desktop resolution to something like 1280 x 720 (lowest widescreen res) or 720 x 480 and use the full screen option in jpcsp, these resolutions you can keep color mask enabled on the world map, and you shouldn't get too much of speed hit
Very interesting idea.
with cheking/uncheking color mask for town/map modes all works nice. full screen also in 1920*1080.

2 digiadventures
2 hyakki
thank u very mach
By the way. In topic "Tested Game settings" writen:

Legend
[-] = Unchecked
[x] = Checked
[!] = Optional, use at own risk (possibly a speedup, can cause crashes / bugs, disable this first if you run into problems)

Where's this options?
i'm using JPCSP 32bit 0.6 2903:2927.

When i want to play Star Ocean, all work fine with the video option on the first post. But once i start playing the game, 1-2 mintues later, my game just feeze on place and nothing work anymore.

if someone could help me, it would be awsome.

Thank you in advance.
Well, if you could read video options in first post, why couldn't you read that it only works in 64bit jpcsp ?
And in order to use 64bit jpcsp, you need to have 64 bit OS.
Which you should have already, since 64 bit version is better.
If you dont , I suggest upgrading to 64bit OS ( win 7 x64 for example )
(12-27-2012, 03:56 PM)digiadventures Wrote: Well, if you could read video options in first post, why couldn't you read that it only works in 64bit jpcsp ?

What the hell is this reply ?! Where is the help ? i'm asking for help to make this work under 32bit and this dude just... oh well nevermind...

Again if someone with a BRAIN could help me please and thank you !!
(12-27-2012, 04:56 PM)HawTs Wrote:
(12-27-2012, 03:56 PM)digiadventures Wrote: Well, if you could read video options in first post, why couldn't you read that it only works in 64bit jpcsp ?
What the hell is this reply ?! Where is the help ? i'm asking for help to make this work under 32bit and this dude just... oh well nevermind...
Again if someone with a BRAIN could help me please and thank you !!

Being rude to other members is a quick way not to get help here especially when they are trying to help.

'll try to clear why it has problems with 32-bit.
The freeze (out of memory), fall through map and misaligned sprite bugs are because it doesn't work with 32-bit jpcsp properly, this game for some reason needs 64-bit to emulate correctly, even if there was some way to get this working with 32-bit it needs a very large -xmx, size around 8GB to prevent it running out of memory and this is not possible with 32-bit windows since its limited to around 2GB.

so long story short it currently only works as a playable state using 64-bit jpcsp like digiadventures and the first post stated, unfortunately due to 32-bit limitations there is no quick fix to get this completely working under 32-bit environments, at first glance it might appear to work under 32-bit, but at certain sections of the game you will fall through the map (get stuck) or the game will freeze up with some out of memory error, the 32-bit bug is present under all OS including Mac, Linux and Windows.

It could be fixed at some point in the future but I'm sure there is more important issues to work on atm.