This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
STAR OCEAN: First Departure - ULUS10374
Well its written in very first post that this game is playable only on 64bit version...
(11-12-2012, 11:47 AM)Destructers Wrote: I use software rendering, everything work great. However, when I enter and exit weapon shop, I can't see or move my character at all. Playing on 32bit version.

Just try with Shader + Color Mask, work great, but same thing happen with weapon shop exit.

I enjoy playing on 32 bit as it seems to run faster for me and it makes the battles crazy; the camera pans in and out and tilts around a lot. But Digi is right, if you want the game to be fully playable it's only available on the 64 bit version. It seems you can play for some time on 32 bit but in some areas on the world map you will disappear (can still move around) and in some villages it's like you fall through the ground and get stuck at certain areas. Entering/exiting shops seems to trigger it as well, you can still access the menu but that's about it.
Can someone help me? Whenever I get into a fight after entering the map (from loading up my save) it gives me a black screen but I can still hear the fighting music and the background voices.

I am using 64-bit version 2868 and my computer is an intel R-Core i7 2630QM @2GHz with 8GB RAM with a Radeon HD 6630.

I have edited bat file to give me -Xmx5096m -Xss2m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m

My video options are everything from that first post (so shaders are on, enabling saving GE screen to textures instead of memories, and enable dynamic shader generation AND complier max method size as 100) BUT I have turned off Color Mask and instead put on Software mode.

I am aware people have reported that software mode is associated with many glitches giving black screens, but for some reason i can at least load up and play the game to some extent except getting into fights. But whenever I load up the game with just Color Mask the whole screen just turns one color and as the opening movie plays (I hear the music) the screen changes color like from orange to blue to green (the background colors of the opening sequence) and then goes all black when it comes to the title and i hear the music but the whole screen while I'm on a menu/fight/map/town is black.

Should I use an older version of JPCSP? Like around ~2410..? I just really want this to work. Please someone help! And are the settings in the first post accurate, from what I've seen on this thread various people are putting on vertex cache and geometry shader but when i use it with color mask nothing seems to work...how do I get colors mask to work?
(11-19-2012, 11:48 PM)pikablu Wrote: Can someone help me? Whenever I get into a fight after entering the map (from loading up my save) it gives me a black screen but I can still hear the fighting music and the background voices.

I am using 64-bit version 2868 and my computer is an intel R-Core i7 2630QM @2GHz with 8GB RAM with a Radeon HD 6630.

I have edited bat file to give me -Xmx5096m -Xss2m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m

My video options are everything from that first post (so shaders are on, enabling saving GE screen to textures instead of memories, and enable dynamic shader generation AND complier max method size as 100) BUT I have turned off Color Mask and instead put on Software mode.

I am aware people have reported that software mode is associated with many glitches giving black screens, but for some reason i can at least load up and play the game to some extent except getting into fights. But whenever I load up the game with just Color Mask the whole screen just turns one color and as the opening movie plays (I hear the music) the screen changes color like from orange to blue to green (the background colors of the opening sequence) and then goes all black when it comes to the title and i hear the music but the whole screen while I'm on a menu/fight/map/town is black.

Should I use an older version of JPCSP? Like around ~2410..? I just really want this to work. Please someone help! And are the settings in the first post accurate, from what I've seen on this thread various people are putting on vertex cache and geometry shader but when i use it with color mask nothing seems to work...how do I get colors mask to work?

Unfortunately the black screen bug is a bug with software rendering, certain types of effects trigger it to happen and there is no way to fix it without restarting the emulator...

Does it work with both color mask and software rendering off ( basically normal opengl hardware rendering without color mask ) ?
It works fine in hardware mode, the blackscreen bug its just a software mode problem, here is a video and log maybe gid can figure it out Smile

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xv7ynk_so_videogames

Attached Files
.zip   Log_r2868(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 107.99 KB / Downloads: 95)
Thanks for the prompt reply. I have just tried a bunch of things with r2410 and it still doesn't seem to be working properly. First, when I turn off software mode, 90% of the time, my Jpcsp crashes (I don't know why but Windows just tells me it has stopped working) and 10% of the time when I do get through to the my save file and load up - everything's fine up to that point (opening sequence, title menu, map can all be seen and heard) BUT when I enter a fight is just suddenly freezes at the beginning and it just won't work afterwards.

Is Radeon an AMD driver? Are my computer specs giving me compatability issues? I can run the game fine (REALLY good speed with GE set to saving to textures). But it's just really buggy...especially when I get into the fights. That's all at the moment that's wrong.
Yeah radeon is AMD card. Make sure to update drivers at their site, and also update java ( make sure to update 64 bit version too )
Ok since I know that this is Colors Mask seems to be the best way of doing this here is a log about what happens as soon as I start the game (with your recommended settings). For some reason I can only get an html file and not a txt file...

Can I just confirm hyakki/digiadventures is the first post still accurate? I have tried now with r2763/r2410/r2868 (all in various ways and with your recommended settings) and it still doesn't work properly...please help.

Which option increases RAM usage btw? Is it Xmx, xss or XX:MaxPermSize and can someone explain what each does, in hyakki's link to gid's post it doesn't explain what they are...

Thanks again!

Attached Files
.html   log.html (Size: 67.2 KB / Downloads: 108)
Well first of all, did you update amd drivers ? It doesnt seem so, since in your log it says you are using opengl 3.0, and as far as I know opengl is in 4.x version right now.
Try to disable "enable saving GE screen to textures".
Increase maximum method size to 3000 ( default ) Why did you set it to 100 ?

It still works fine for me on latest revisions...
XMX and XX:MaxPermSize increase the amount of memory java can access... xss increase thread stack size so it will make java need more memory ( but it is needed for some games ) while XMX and XX:MaxPermSize just make java be able to use more memory.
Leave Xss alone and increase XMX and XX:MaxPermSize ... In my testing xmx needs atleast 4 gb and XX:MaxPermSize atleast 2gb in this game...
They are added together so it means if you use 4gb for xmx and 2gb for XX:MaxPermSize jpcsps will use 6gb of ram.
You still would have 2gb left for windows, so its ok...