This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Persona 5 [BLUS31604]
(07-12-2017, 04:37 AM)OSad Wrote: This is about the level of performance you're expected to get right now on a quad-core 3.2GHz chip. The i5-4690K OP is using has a better base clock of 3.5GHz and is capable of reaching some ridiculous OC speeds, sometimes up to 5GHz, if you spend a few hours tuning BIOS settings and throw enough cooling at it.

I imagine his performance delta over yours is largely due to that. You could try overclocking as well to see if you can get similar results.
I have it overclocked to ~4-4.1GHz. Is it just too old a pupper now?

(07-12-2017, 11:29 AM)ssshadow Wrote: Try this esoteric hack:
Quote:launch persona 5, when it asks you to connect online:
go to rpcs3 window
view
view debugger
drop-down list in top right
pause the SPU threads 0 3 5 at the bottom of the list
make sure their tag mask is at 0x80000 when you pause it
or the game will freeze
run them again if they're not at 0x80000
your framerate should improve significantly

I paused all 3 threads, but the performance only improved slightly if any. I still get audio stutter and some frameskipping in the opening cinematic (the part with the train), the start screen, and the intro to the game.
(07-12-2017, 11:29 AM)ssshadow Wrote:
(07-11-2017, 06:20 PM)Beep-boop Wrote: Yeah, that's definitely some progress. Game is flying with LLVM, but not for so long, not for me at least. Audio is a lot smoother now and videos are watchable, game also doesn't crash so often, but menu and in-game are still very slow, no more than 1-2 FPS.
I tried playing with both ASMJIT and Interpreter (fast), it's all the same.
That is way too slow for that CPU... Attach the log file, probably some very bad setting like strict rendering mode is enabled.
I think I've found the problem, gained 3 more FPS with openGL buffers disabled.
Attached the log for both SPUs I used just in case.
.rar   RPCS3.rar (Size: 1.03 MB / Downloads: 105)
i5 6200U @ 2.60GHz | GeForce 920MX |
Settings look good. No idea why it's so slow. Maybe your laptop is downclocking the CPU under 100 % load with AVX usage or something.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(07-12-2017, 08:27 PM)ssshadow Wrote: Settings look good. No idea why it's so slow. Maybe your laptop is downclocking the CPU under 100 % load with AVX usage or something.

Maybe that's only with openGL, Vulkan works like a charm, it got so damn fast.
I didn't use it before because the game would crash if I did, but now that issue is fixed.
i5 6200U @ 2.60GHz | GeForce 920MX |
Please move this game to Playable
https://rpcs3.net/blog/2017/07/13/person...-in-rpcs3/
MSI GE62VR i7 6700HQ, GTX 1060, 16 GB DDR4 RAM
(07-14-2017, 02:02 AM)digimaster7 Wrote: Please move this game to Playable
https://rpcs3.net/blog/2017/07/13/person...-in-rpcs3/

Should they? As a player I'd say, yes. But, as a programmer I don't know, since it works, but only with the build in the OP. The main build is somewhat faster but crashes a lot... Kudos, for the build in this thread though, it seems to have totally removed some crashes I was having in Disgaea 4 and D2. I wonder why they don't merge the SPU fixes into the main build already? (or has it already been merged?... the build from 2 or 3 days ago didn't seem to have) Or, are the fixes messy? or is it that they've just not been reviewed yet?

Anyway, great work. I'm loving this special build.
Would I consider this to be playable? Well yes, on my specific configuration I would, I can't see any drops below 15fps on my machine in any scenes as you can see in this video below. At this point the game seems like it's playable from the beginning to the end without major game breaking bugs which was the main issue from before.

Doesn't work with master build and we only list that in compat db. Use the build found here: https://rpcs3.net/blog/2017/07/13/person...-in-rpcs3/
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
go to rpcs3 window
view
view debugger
or the game will freeze

Thanks!,Doubled my FPS Wink
14 FPS average now!,7 FPS Minimum,30 FPS Max.
FX-8320E@4.2GHz
(07-16-2017, 02:13 AM)Hybrid Wrote:
go to rpcs3 window
view
view debugger
or the game will freeze

Thanks!,Doubled my FPS Wink
14 FPS average now!,7 FPS Minimum,30 FPS Max.
FX-8320E@4.2GHz

Sadly, that fix lowers my fps instead of increasing it. From a 12-15fps (in big or crowded areas) to a nearly static 8fps... did I do something wrong? Or is this not very effective on a i7? (I recently changed from an old i3 to an old i7, lol - was short on funds but I needed the hyper threading for some of my work...). Anyway, I do get 30fps in lots of places (the main build gives me up to 45-50fps, but as we all know, it crashes too much). Well, I guess if we are taking away threads it might end up slower... so I guess the speedup is only for processors with less cores?

**Windows 10, intel i7 2600, 8GB ram, nvidia GTX970