This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Persona 5 [BLUS31604]
(07-09-2017, 10:02 PM)ssshadow Wrote: Ryzen works very well too. AMD FX is just *old*. That said 1 fps is too slow. Tick "lower SPU thread priority" and try PPU interpreter or SPU interpreter...

Thanks!
That worked, 6 FPS average Tongue
Also,the sound is smooth.
Now i have weird artifacts with these settings.

I've noticed that there is some tearing on the cinematics even with the vsync option on, is just me? cpu: 4690k. gpu: 1070
(07-10-2017, 05:07 AM)yapel Wrote: I've noticed that there is some tearing on the cinematics even with the vsync option on, is just me? cpu: 4690k. gpu: 1070

Disable G-sync if it's on in the NVIDIA drivers.
Yeah, that's definitely some progress. Game is flying with LLVM, but not for so long, not for me at least. Audio is a lot smoother now and videos are watchable, game also doesn't crash so often, but menu and in-game are still very slow, no more than 1-2 FPS.
I tried playing with both ASMJIT and Interpreter (fast), it's all the same.

.rar   RPCS3.rar (Size: 787.52 KB / Downloads: 75)
i5 6200U @ 2.60GHz | GeForce 920MX |
I'm really astonished by the state this game is in compared to others. My crashes have stopped completely, game runs perfectly (20-30fps) in most areas and very acceptably (6-20fps) in more populated ones. 3D/2D cutscenes run bordering on perfect. There's some visual glitches here and there, nothing game-breaking. Even a quad-core chip like mine can run the game well with the most rudimentary of Turbo Boost enhancements up to 3.5GHz, and I imagine the gap in performance is a lot more pronounced on something that can exceed 4GHz.

You guys really knocked it out of the park with this one. When the more "impressive" examples of 3D emulation on this system are Afterburner, Miku games and Ni No Kuni, this really puts it on a whole other level in my opinion. Well done.
when i boot the game i get this error...am i missing file?
my game version is

[BLUS31604] Persona 5 - USA

E {PPU[0x1000011] Thread (game contents hdd install) [0x0143dee4]} sys_fs: sys_fs_stat(“/dev_bdvd/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/hdd.cpk”) failed: not found
E {PPU[0x1000011] Thread (game contents hdd install) [0x0143dee4]} 'sys_fs_stat' failed with 0x80010006 : CELL_ENOENT
Asking for game files isn't allowed.

It looks like you ripped your disc with multiman or similar using a CFW PS3. That splits files bigger than 4GB so they can fit on FAT32, you have to split the files back when you get them on computer.
Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Laptop: Intel i7 6700HQ, Intel HD 530, 2x8G 2133MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: FX-8350, R9 280X, 2x4G 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
I've attached a zip of my log files. The first should be from the rpcs3.exe from the OP and the second is from the main build.

With the OP I get ~30fps highest, and with the main build I get ~60fps highest. Both experience huge frame drops to 2-15fps in most scenarios with bad audio stuttering. It's nothing like the video showcase in the OP.

Any suggestions?

Attached Files
.zip   RPCS3 log.zip (Size: 712.83 KB / Downloads: 80)
(07-12-2017, 03:17 AM)aferrick Wrote: Using the OP I get ~30fps highest, but I fall to 2-15 in most scenarios with really bad audio stuttering. Using the main build I get ~60fps highest, but have the same 2-15fps and bad audio stuttering problem.

I have an i5-3570K and GTX 1070, not sure if that matters.

This is about the level of performance you're expected to get right now on a quad-core 3.2GHz chip. The i5-4690K OP is using has a better base clock of 3.5GHz and is capable of reaching some ridiculous OC speeds, sometimes up to 5GHz, if you spend a few hours tuning BIOS settings and throw enough cooling at it.

I imagine his performance delta over yours is largely due to that. You could try overclocking as well to see if you can get similar results.
(07-11-2017, 06:20 PM)Beep-boop Wrote: Yeah, that's definitely some progress. Game is flying with LLVM, but not for so long, not for me at least. Audio is a lot smoother now and videos are watchable, game also doesn't crash so often, but menu and in-game are still very slow, no more than 1-2 FPS.
I tried playing with both ASMJIT and Interpreter (fast), it's all the same.
That is way too slow for that CPU... Attach the log file, probably some very bad setting like strict rendering mode is enabled.

(07-11-2017, 09:17 PM)wudik123 Wrote: when i boot the game i get this error...am i missing file?
my game version is

[BLUS31604] Persona 5 - USA

E {PPU[0x1000011] Thread (game contents hdd install) [0x0143dee4]} sys_fs: sys_fs_stat(“/dev_bdvd/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/hdd.cpk”) failed: not found
E {PPU[0x1000011] Thread (game contents hdd install) [0x0143dee4]} 'sys_fs_stat' failed with 0x80010006 : CELL_ENOENT

Fix you bad rip, merge all the "666" files with http://karmian.org/projects/ps3merge/download

(07-12-2017, 03:20 AM)aferrick Wrote: I've attached a zip of my log files. The first should be from the rpcs3.exe from the OP and the second is from the main build.

With the OP I get ~30fps highest, and with the main build I get ~60fps highest. Both experience huge frame drops to 2-15fps in most scenarios with bad audio stuttering. It's nothing like the video showcase in the OP.

Any suggestions?

Try this esoteric hack:
Quote:launch persona 5, when it asks you to connect online:
go to rpcs3 window
view
view debugger
drop-down list in top right
pause the SPU threads 0 3 5 at the bottom of the list
make sure their tag mask is at 0x80000 when you pause it
or the game will freeze
run them again if they're not at 0x80000
your framerate should improve significantly
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)