This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Persona 5 [BLUS31604]
(08-19-2017, 07:56 AM)zerocold1981 Wrote: ssshadow,
Hi, do not know why some builds have this, and some do not?

https://rpcs3.net/blog/2017/08/16/rewrit...nce-gains/
Intel Core i5-7600k
EVGA GTX 970 SSC
Getting a weird flickering issue with Vulkan on the most recent version that wasn't there before. My framerate seems higher than before but I'm going to have to revert as the game is unplayable like this. The issue is not happening with OpenGL but my framerate is much lower with that.

SPOILER http://i.imgur.com/TCJWD1i.jpg
Tried using OpenGL, and here's my results:

Town:5-10
Dungeon:12-22
Battle: 13-22
Conversations: 11-13
Cutscenes: 19-29
Anime Cutscenes: 28-30, still stutter slightly
School: 6-13
Loading Screen:28-30
Title: 15-22
Main Menu: 28-30

I've observed that game is smoother but as a result tends to random stutter a lot e.g. rotating camera was a nightmare
Also, loading screens are longer and screen freezes but audio continues
Laptop Specs: (ASUS ROG GL552VW)

15.6" 1920x1080, IPS
Intel i7-6700HQ
GTX 960M 2GB DDR5
500GB HDD
250GB SSD
16GB RAM
Windows 10 64-bit
Is it my imagination or is the Input system frame dependent? Whenever fps drop while you run, joker stops running and immediately changes into a slow walk. That made the Okumura's spaceport timed challenges really, really hard... is that how the PS3 works by design or is it something which can be changed? I don't think input intensity should be affected by framerate... but that's the feeling the game it's giving me right now (by the way, I use a keyboard to play, not a joystick).
(08-20-2017, 01:56 AM)Zem Wrote: Getting a weird flickering issue with Vulkan on the most recent version that wasn't there before. My framerate seems higher than before but I'm going to have to revert as the game is unplayable like this. The issue is not happening with OpenGL but my framerate is much lower with that.

Try to update a driver for your videocard. Worked for me (NVIDIA).

(08-20-2017, 03:57 AM)Alverik Wrote: Is it my imagination or is the Input system frame dependent? Whenever fps drop while you run, joker stops running and immediately changes into a slow walk. That made the Okumura's spaceport timed challenges really, really hard... is that how the PS3 works by design or is it something which can be changed? I don't think input intensity should be affected by framerate... but that's the feeling the game it's giving me right now (by the way, I use a keyboard to play, not a joystick).
Got the same issue. I've managed to partially resolve this by setting "Enable Frame Skip" to "true" and (probably) "SPU delay penalty" to "0".
By the way (I don't know if you aware of this), when Joker stops running, you should stop pressing a direction button and press it again - it will make Joker to run again.
By the way, I use an XBox360 gamepad.
(08-20-2017, 06:52 AM)FibYar Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 01:56 AM)Zem Wrote: Getting a weird flickering issue with Vulkan on the most recent version that wasn't there before. My framerate seems higher than before but I'm going to have to revert as the game is unplayable like this. The issue is not happening with OpenGL but my framerate is much lower with that.

Try to update a driver for your videocard. Worked for me (NVIDIA).

(08-20-2017, 03:57 AM)Alverik Wrote: Is it my imagination or is the Input system frame dependent? Whenever fps drop while you run, joker stops running and immediately changes into a slow walk. That made the Okumura's spaceport timed challenges really, really hard... is that how the PS3 works by design or is it something which can be changed? I don't think input intensity should be affected by framerate... but that's the feeling the game it's giving me right now (by the way, I use a keyboard to play, not a joystick).
Got the same issue. I've managed to partially resolve this by setting "Enable Frame Skip" to "true" and (probably) "SPU delay penalty" to "0".
By the way (I don't know if you aware of this), when Joker stops running, you should stop pressing a direction button and press it again - it will make Joker to run again.
By the way, I use an XBox360 gamepad.

Yep, I know Joker resumes running after stopping completely for a bit. But what saved me was that for some reason the speed pickups up if you stay in the pause menu for a while. So every time this happened I would pause, wait 4 or 5 seconds, then quickly get on with the running, then rinse and repeat, lol. Will try your suggested settings too and see how it goes, thanks.

Anyway, the fps fluctuation is very weird right now, from super fast to really slow. I mean, it's the same shot, same objects, but it seem to get really fast if I enter the pause menu for a while. Though, I am using an Nvidia card (GTX970) and they said there's a memory leak with nvidia GPUs. Or maybe it's just a not yet ironed out quirk in the new shader compiler... Probably will also try OpenGL just in case.

Still, looking quite nice, great improvements. Love how fast they're making progress.
Cache loading. So boring

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I7-2600, RX 480 G1 8GB, win10x64
Any and all graphical bugs are from buggy graphics drivers. Update them.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(08-20-2017, 03:44 AM)zeromisery00 Wrote: I've observed that game is smoother but as a result tends to random stutter a lot e.g. rotating camera was a nightmare
Also, loading screens are longer and screen freezes but audio continues

(Note, this is on the 0.0.3-5805 build)

From what I can tell most of the stuttering is caused by the emulator compiling new shaders everytime it has to render something it hasn't encountered before. This drives the CPU up the wall and causes everything to lock up until it's done (usage goes up to 100%).
On my laptop with a skylake i7 (4 core) I get the have the same issue as you and the clock goes up as high as it can (~3.2 ghz).
On a desktop the issue isn't nearly as big, it's actually far more playable than before the rework.
The shaders are compiled before it has a chance to lock up and the framerate's up by 5-12 fps, although I've noticed that in the ingame engine cutscenes the audio tends to get desynched a bit.
[Image: image.png]
I don't understand. Everyone says the game works much faster on a new build. But as for me it runs almost at the same framerate. What I'm doing wrong?
P.S. I see a shader compiling process in log so I'm definitely using correct build.