This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Crisis Core] Emulator crashes after the logos
I use the latest 1738 rev and Crisis Core ULUS10336.
Emulator settings:
- Use Compiler
- Only GE Graphics
- Use shaders
- Use Media Engine
The emulator crashes after the two logos in the game.

Before the game crashes, an error displays for a second in the console:
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0XC0000005) at pc=0x6923bbd5, pid=3768, tid=3356
#
# JRE version: 6.0_15-b03
# Java UM: Java HotSpot™ Client UM (14.1-b02 mixed mode windows-x86)
# Problematic frame:
# C [atioglxx.dll+0x20bbd5]

My specs:
RAM: 1 GB
G. Card: Ati RADEON x1650 Pro AGP 256 mb (with latest drivers)
Proc: Intel Pentium ® 2.8 Ghz
(08-16-2010, 11:33 PM)AlfaSpirit Wrote: I use the latest 1738 rev and Crisis Core ULUS10336.
Emulator settings:
- Use Compiler
- Only GE Graphics
- Use shaders
- Use Media Engine
The emulator crashes after the two logos in the game.

Before the game crashes, an error displays for a second in the console:
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0XC0000005) at pc=0x6923bbd5, pid=3768, tid=3356
#
# JRE version: 6.0_15-b03
# Java UM: Java HotSpot™ Client UM (14.1-b02 mixed mode windows-x86)
# Problematic frame:
# C [atioglxx.dll+0x20bbd5]

My specs:
RAM: 1 GB
G. Card: Ati RADEON x1650 Pro AGP 256 mb (with latest drivers)
Proc: Intel Pentium ® 2.8 Ghz

Try to update your Java version to Java 6 Update 21 and then try it again
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
I googled that java update and downloaded the JRE version(15mb).
Installed it, but it still crashes. Even tried the JDK version, but no luck.
(08-17-2010, 03:30 PM)AlfaSpirit Wrote: I googled that java update and downloaded the JRE version(15mb).

This is a common error on ATI cards. The Catalyst drivers seem to have massive bugs when it comes to error handling and, unfortunately, there's no guaranteed way to fix these issues.
One way to avoid this crash is to use less graphical features in the application, so, for JPCSP, try disabling the shaders (it's our most graphics intensive feature).
(08-17-2010, 06:19 PM)Hykem Wrote:
(08-17-2010, 03:30 PM)AlfaSpirit Wrote: I googled that java update and downloaded the JRE version(15mb).

This is a common error on ATI cards. The Catalyst drivers seem to have massive bugs when it comes to error handling and, unfortunately, there's no guaranteed way to fix these issues.
One way to avoid this crash is to use less graphical features in the application, so, for JPCSP, try disabling the shaders (it's our most graphics intensive feature).

I see. Will wait for the bug to get fixed in the newer versions. Big Grin
Tried installing Omega Ati driver instead of the original Catalyst and the crash is gone. Smile
But now the FMV's are messed up(some kind of light beams on the screen) and after those in the cutscene you can only see characters and some lights. Big Grin Same happens in some of the older revisions.
Well... I didn't have the same problem, but since it is about Crisis Core, I guess I'll post it here....

Revision tested : r1751
Problems:

1). MedaEngine
I don't know why, but intro movies no longer appears... I've checked MediaEngine and JpcspConnector. I've also put my completed TMP files which are obtained from a finished gameplay using r1516 (personally this revision still the best one so far for this particular game Tongue)

2). Vertex Cache
If I checked this option, the game won't start at all.... Even the SquareEnix logo won't come out....

3). Shaders
If I checked this option, I can't continue my game... (Load Game)
Here is the message taken from Command Console :

Code:
Running Jpcsp 32bit...
#
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x69a5a750, pid=4236, tid=1168
#
# JRE version: 6.0_21-b07
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (17.0-b17 mixed mode windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C  [nvoglv32.DLL+0x55a750]
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# E:\emulators - BACK UP except PSP\psp emulator r1751\hs_err_pid4236.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
Press any key to continue . . .

As for JavaRuntimeEnvironment, I believe I'm using the latest version... It is updated on 1st Sept.

For game "Star Ocean : First Departure", still no improvements from r1679 ... (only shows Square Enix logo -- and really slow)
Can you give me some additional information about your config in 1516 rev. Do you use the launcher? And your computer specs? Smile
(09-02-2010, 12:44 PM)AlfaSpirit Wrote: Can you give me some additional information about your config in 1516 rev. Do you use the launcher? And your computer specs? Smile

Gladly Big Grin
I don't use launcher.. just manual BAT file.

General Tab : dynarec.

Compatibility Tab :
Code:
Only GE Graphics            //      Viewport
Vertex Cache               //       MediaEngine
Disabled Reserved Thread  //        EnableWaitThread
*Note that in some places, it is better to turn off vertex cache or viewport if it causes upside-down sprites or "missing floors".
MediaEngine as usual, provides video Smile
As for sound support, you must decode them manually using Hyakki's tool (as long as you have the atrac3 files obtained automatically when you play this game).
But I forgot if this release already supports background audio or not... I tried Hyakki's tool on r1679 and it works ^^

**Optional Preferences
In my opinion, though CheatEngine indeed doesn't help in JPCSP's FPS, but it does help in user's "feel" as it skips frames.. So, if you get a little drop down in FPS (getting 30++ FPS is nice Big Grin) try use CheatEngine and modify your JPCSP exe speed. It helps me a lot in battles. My normal fps is around 25, Summon animations smooth... but in crowded battles, it dropped to 16...

As for my comp spec, it is a normal every-day spec....Sad
Intel Q9400 @ 2.66Ghz
NVIDIA 9800GT
4GB RAM
using Win7 64-bit, but with JRE 32-bit Tongue
(08-17-2010, 11:06 PM)AlfaSpirit Wrote:

Tried installing Omega Ati driver instead of the original Catalyst and the crash is gone. Smile
But now the FMV's are messed up(some kind of light beams on the screen) and after those in the cutscene you can only see characters and some lights. Big Grin Same happens in some of the older revisions.
There might be some improvements for ATI cards in r1752, but I was unable to test them. Could you please test again?
(09-04-2010, 02:18 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(08-17-2010, 11:06 PM)AlfaSpirit Wrote:

There might be some improvements for ATI cards in r1752, but I was unable to test them. Could you please test again?

Of course. Smile
Ok, tested Crisis Core in rev 1752, 1753 and 1754.

It worked best in 1752 with only GEGraphics checked. The problem now is that the FMVs are missing. You can only see a black screen(Media Engine off/on doesn't change it). I got to the point where you choose new game and then the difficulty, after that... darkness. And I did extract ffmpeg natives.

In rev 1753 and 1754 it crashes after the logos with the same settings that worked in 1752.