This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catalyst 11.12 Problem
Hardware: Intel Core 2 Duo @2.66, ATi Radeon HD6870, 2gb
Software: Windows XP x86, Catalyst 11.12
Game: Dissidia Final Fantasy

Jpcsp r2394 crashed with catalyst 11.12 (11.10 all ok, but veeery low perfomance on "effected map": water, lava and etc).
Options:
Only GE,
Use vertex cache,
Use shaders,
Enable VAO,
Enable saving GE,
Enable decoding indexed textures
Enable dynamic shader generation

JVM start options:
Xmx 1128m
MaxPermSize 256m
ReservedCodeCacheSize 256m

Small note: if you record gameplay with CamStudio, jpcps not crashed, but once completed record... I think you can guess what happens after Smile

Attached Files
.rar   hs_err_pid1808.rar (Size: 4.93 KB / Downloads: 74)
I have a 5770, just installed 11.12 and JPCSP seems to still run fine for me with r2934. I haven't tried that specific game though, does it still crash with the cube demo?
It still could very well be a platform specific driver issue because I'm on Win 7 x64, but I am running Java 7 though.
(12-17-2011, 11:07 AM)Whacka Wrote: I have a 5770, just installed 11.12 and JPCSP seems to still run fine for me with r2934. I haven't tried that specific game though, does it still crash with the cube demo?
No, nice work.
I forgot to say that jpcsp crashed only during a fight in the game. Menu and other elements are nice working, my fail Sad

(12-17-2011, 11:07 AM)Whacka Wrote: It still could very well be a platform specific driver issue because I'm on Win 7 x64, but I am running Java 7 though.
I test with Oracle JDK/JVM 7 and JRockit JDK/JVM 6.

I have Catalyst 12.6 with ATI 6670 , and the JPCSP is very slow with it .

Sad
(07-07-2012, 05:58 AM)pepefe Wrote: I have Catalyst 12.6 with ATI 6670 , and the JPCSP is very slow with it .

Sad
Could you post a log file at INFO level of the cube demo... I don't expect to see much in the log file, but who knows?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log