This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castle Crashers (Demo) [NPEB00293]
Tested using rpcs3-v0.0.1-2017-02-17-5e3bacbd_win64 on an i7 4770K @ 3.5 GHz, GTX 1070, 16 GB DDR3 running Windows 10-64 with the following settings:

PPU decoder: Interpreter (fast)
SPU decoder: Recompiler (ASMJIT)
LLE libraries picked automatically by RPCS3
Graphics settings: OpenGL, Vulkan, DirectX 12 @ 1280x720 w/ VSync, Frame limit set to Auto
Audio settings: XAudio2
Input/Output: XInput

I've played the demo from start to finish. It runs incredibly well out of the box Big Grin

The controls work perfectly using XInput. Audio and video seem flawless on all renderers. From what I can tell, all the ingame graphics and effects are identical to running it on the PS3. RPCS3 even manages to mostly stay near the game's native 30 fps target. With DX12 and OpenGL, I get around 27-30 fps most of the time with some dips into the lower 20's on busier scenes. Vulkan struggles to reach 30 fps and drops to the mid to lower 10's during character-heavy scenes (see screenshot #4).

Impressive!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.7z   log.7z (Size: 325.01 KB / Downloads: 66)
ps3 
full walkthrough for the demo
RPCS3 v0.0.2-5-69df5bf Alpha

w7 x64
i5 750 i know it's old
gtx 970
8g ram
the log was too big so i didn't put it soory
Thanks for the video, but you're showing a different version of the game (NPUB30181). It doesn't really belong here. Also, you're using Vulkan, which, as stated above, is the worst choice for this game. Both DX12 and OpenGL got me much better results.

Another thing I want to mention to the person maintaining the compatibility list: the game has been added as "Castle Crashers" to the list. This is a bit misleading as it links to this topic, which only covers the demo version. I haven't tested the full version of the game so I have no idea if it can be considered "Playable" as well. I'd change the entry to "Castle Crashers (Demo)" or something like that.
Fixed.

Please make a new thread for the other version with a log.
Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Laptop: Intel i7 6700HQ, Intel HD 530, 2x8G 2133MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: FX-8350, R9 280X, 2x4G 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux