This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duplicate Files in .iso Dumped via PC
I've been dumping some of my PS3 collection for the past few days. My PS3 is a super slim, so (as it seems everyone says) I can't CFW it, but I do have a compatible Blu-Ray drive in my PC to dump games via the method in the quickstart section of the RPCS3 website. Cool, I thought. Until I tried dumping MGS4 (even if it doesn't work in the emulator yet, at least I "have" a backup/dump ready). Near the end of the process I had a 34GB decrypted .iso. Just like with all of my other games, I used PowerISO to extract them (not really sure why). The extracted contents were only about 15GB in size! That didn't seem right. I then tried extracting with 7-Zip, which led me to find there were multiple files of the same name trying to overwrite each other. I had this same problem trying to extract a decrypted .iso for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. Can anyone shed some light on what's going on here, and if I should be doing something different OR if what I'm doing is perfectly fine?