This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of Patriots [BLES00246]
I'm also able to run that minigame/S.M sequence/whatever.

Here's what I get with OpenGL

[Image: 30w585u.png]

And with D3D12 I get slightly worse results...

[Image: 2urbckn.png]

While not the main game, something runs. Still too slow to actually be played, but I can use the controls and the game responds.
Other .slef files in that folder do not boot correctly.

Until the missing "surface type 1" gets implemented, I guess we won't even be seeing the Konami Productions Logo.
(03-31-2017, 05:15 PM)fdemian Wrote: I'm also able to run that minigame/S.M sequence/whatever.

Hi, could you please let me know what RPCS3 version/configuration you're using? I'm trying to test opening:

\mgs\stage\module\us.self but getting nothing using RPCS3 0.0.3-9.54f990a with either Vulkan, OpenGL or Direct3D.

Thanks.
RPCS3 v0.0.3-3-590ca71

The main game of this currently just crashes the emulator after a brief black screen. Log attached.

Attached Files
.7z   RPCS3.7z (Size: 44.09 KB / Downloads: 90)
(07-30-2017, 06:56 PM)Alexbeav Wrote: Hi, could you please let me know what RPCS3 version/configuration you're using? I'm trying to test opening:

\mgs\stage\module\us.self but getting nothing using RPCS3 0.0.3-9.54f990a with either Vulkan, OpenGL or Direct3D.

Thanks.

I was using a version from almost 6 months ago. You will have to wait for a couple of minutes before it appears (I used to let it run for something like 7 to 10 minutes) otherwise I just saw a black screen and some helicopter noise in the background. Using vulkan on this game seems to crash the emulator.

UPDATE: using the newest version it also stopped working.