This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch [BLES01555]
Hey everyone,

with the help of ssshadow, I've finally been able to go ingame on my disc version of Ni no Kuni.

So here's my setup:

Emulator version: rpcs3-v0.0.1-2017-02-19-47fdaf69_win64
PPU decoder: Interpreter (fast)
SPU decoder: Recompiler (ASMJIT)
Graphics renderer: OpenGL, Vulkan, DX12 (they all work) @ 1280x720, Frame limit: Auto, VSync enabled
Audio out: XAudio2
Input/Output: XInput

LLE modules:
- libac3dec.sprx
- libadec.sprx
- libatxdec.sprx
- libdmux.sprx
- libdmuxpamf.sprx
- libpamf.sprx
- libresc.sprx
- libsail.sprx
- libsjvtd.sprx
- libsmvd2.sprx
- libsmvd4.sprx
- libspurs_jq.sprx
- libsre.sprx
[- libvdec.sprx] (see below)

First, I had to go through a number of steps to get it running.

1) Dump the disc, patch with the appropriate IRD, decrypt & extract it with 3k3y (see the guide at https://rpcs3.net/quickstart)
2) Decrypt all the .sdat files in PS3_GAME/USRDIR and PS3_GAME/USRDIR/data using make_npdata.exe (see: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....#pid245289)
3) Delete PS3_GAME/USRDIR/libTGV_v1.45.07.sprx

When starting the game, it performs a short installation process. This worked flawlessly for me. Afterwards, I could go through various selection menus (language selection, main menu, difficulty, etc). The game's menus all look and sound accurate. Please note that if you enable libvdec.sprx, the main menu background is black.

After going through the menus, you'll get a couple of cutscenes. If you do NOT LLE libvdec, the cutscene transitions will be broken, i.e. after one cutscene ends, it doesn't start the next cutscene but instead the screen goes black. Make sure to press Start -> Skip cutscene BEFORE the cutscene ends to circumvent this problem. If you choose to use libvdec instead, the transitions work properly, but be aware that it slows down the cutscenes a lot so video and audio desync quite quickly.

After the cutscenes, the game switches to ingame graphics. I was able to run around, talk to people etc., however all ingame graphics flicker a lot on all graphics renderers (my impression is that SOMETIMES DX12 seems a bit better).
Characters are only partially visible, as are most other solid objects.

Additionally, the game freezes a lot. On OpenGL and Vulkan, this occurs usually within the first few seconds up to a minute. All in all I'd recommend using DX12 for this game for now. It seems to be the most stable and least visually glitchy choice. Using DirectX 12, I was able to play all the way to right after finding the spellbook in the fireplace in Oliver's house before the game froze, which is ~10 minutes into the game. The game lets you use the ingame save function from there, so I can confirm that saving to and loading from a savegame does work.

The framerate is quite good. Cutscenes and menus run at a full 60 fps, unless I use libvdec. I'm getting anywhere from 10 to 15 fps running around in Motor City (the starting area) with my i7 4770k (at stock speed, 3.5 GHz). In Oliver's House, I was able to reach ~20 fps in certain rooms. In other rooms, it tanked to 1-2 fps.

Audio, as far as I can tell, is flawless, nothing to complain about here.

In summary, I wouldn't really consider the game playable yet due to the distracting visual glitches and freezes. But what we get is extremely impressive nonetheless!

You can find various logs in this thread, including this one where the game freezes at the end.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thank you for the share Smile Any progress yet ?
Okay, I've re-tested the game with the latest build (rpcs3-v0.0.1-2017-03-01-1f45f05f_win64).

First, the bad news: Graphically, the game has not improved in any way. It still flickers like crazy, most solid objects are still missing. The main menu audio now starts cracking after a couple of seconds, and stops entirely after another few seconds. Apart from this, all other sounds and music in the game seem to be fine.

But the good news is: I didn't encounter a single crash during my test run! I played the game for ~15 minutes of ingame time and made it to Ding Dong Dell, which is the first city after the starting area. The frame rate in the overworld is ~7-8 fps for me, whereas smaller areas usually range anywhere from 10-15 fps.

Here's a bunch of new screenshots plus a new log file, in case anyone's interested (beware: the extracted file is ~120 MB!) Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   RPCS3.part01.rar (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 165)
.rar   RPCS3.part02.rar (Size: 1.61 MB / Downloads: 162)
kd11 still hasn't recorded a renderdoc trace... Soemone file a report of you want graphics to maybe get fixed. Or remind me in 22 hours or so.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
Oh my, I'm sorry! I had quite a stressful week and forgot all about it Sad

I've just filed the bug report: https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/2465
I can't wait to play this game again!! The last time I beat this game it was a little over 4 years ago. I told myself I wouldn't play it again unless it's on RPCS3 and I'm able to play it in 4K.
Guys any update ??
Still looks the same using rpcs3-v0.0.2-2017-03-11-cdc49d16_win64. Seems like I got a nice speedup though. I can't exactly say by how much since the fps haven't gone up all that much (maybe a few percent but that's probably within the margin of error), but it definitely feels a lot more responsive.
(03-11-2017, 11:10 PM)Aeternal600 Wrote: Still looks the same using rpcs3-v0.0.2-2017-03-11-cdc49d16_win64. Seems like I got a nice speedup though. I can't exactly say by how much since the fps haven't gone up all that much (maybe a few percent but that's probably within the margin of error), but it definitely feels a lot more responsive.

Yep I was able to go ingame with good audio, but still has the graphic glitchs. I really hope we can fix that soon so we can enjoy this game Smile

Anyway thank you for sharing this with the community.
Hi guys ! Any update about this game ?