This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragons Crown working but..
Huhu, im acutally playing Dragons Crown with my friend, but i figured that the iso we use is the version 1.0 of the game.
Is there a way to get the actual v1.06 or atleast 1.04 for rpcs3? would be so awesome.

In the folder is a update.pup but i have no idea if this is the patch or if how tu use ist.

Ellie <3

EDIT: I found the ps3 updater, so i got the version 1.06 and installed it the the pkg installer. it says it was sucessfull but if i run the game it is still the v1.0 version, no new features. But it says in the rpcs3 app. overview v.106. Any idea?

And sorry for my broken english <3
update.pup is a PS3 firmware update file. As for updating the game, acquire the .pkg file containing the update and then install in in rpcs3 through file -> install pkg, so you did that part completely right.

That said I don't actually know how rpcs3 handles, if it even handles, updates for disc games. I know it works for PSN games though (however the PSN version of Dragons Crown doesn't work at all for some reason)

One hack would be to copy the extracted update.pkg (in /dev_hdd0/games/) over the ordinary game files and see what happens. Make a backup first!
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(10-25-2016, 03:31 PM)ssshadow Wrote: update.pup is a PS3 firmware update file. As for updating the game, acquire the .pkg file containing the update and then install in in rpcs3 through file -> install pkg, so you did that part completely right.

That said I don't actually know how rpcs3 handles, if it even handles, updates for disc games. I know it works for PSN games though (however the PSN version of Dragons Crown doesn't work at all for some reason)

One hack would be to copy the extracted update.pkg (in /dev_hdd0/games/) over the ordinary game files and see what happens. Make a backup first!

for the update i used the version / guide i found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cSN5p2Bhqo

thats not the disc version i got before and he said that only the us version works.
so i downloaded the us version and .rap file + the patch. but like i said if i start the game it is still v1.0. But the app. says 1.06.

he told me:
"It seems that installing the update makes it in-line with the psn version therefore it wont work. Running it from the 'Boot' method will only run the disc image directly meaning it will be version 1.0 again. I don't think there is anyway around that until the psn version/s are fixed in the emulator ^-^' sorry. Also im no expert and it may not be because of that at all. It just seems logical that the update to the retail disc would match the psn version."

maybe he is right ?

how can i extract the pkg? if i try it with the updater i get an error massage.
Hi i just wanted to necro this thread in case anyone else is looking for this. I managed to get the hdd version of dragons crown to run in rpcs3 with the update through PS3GameUpdates. Just get the pkg version of dragons crown install in rpcs3 then patch it. It runs perfectly with vulkan with the current version.