This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Disgaea D2 [BCAS20301]
(08-04-2017, 05:17 PM)Acnologia Wrote: Whenever I complete a battle or the item world and return to the castle, I find that the fps drops tremendously. (like from 8-10 fps to 1 fps). And apparently I sometimes see an error code in pink which disables audio at times or makes everything crash while in game ( I should mention here that I am using DX 12 since I don't have vulkan support and it seems better than opengl)

On a side note, does the speed patch make a difference? Maybe I have it in the wrong folder or it does not work with the US or EUR version of the game? Some one plz confirm.

speed patch helps me (a huge amount), on the us version, but I'm using vulkan, it may or may not be vulkan only. Town/castle runs at about half the fps of battles for me, but yes, I've randomly crashed enough times that I stopped playing, will try again another day.
As has been noted, since I assume most of us aren't discussing the Asian version of the game, this is the proper thread to talk about it:

http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....#pid283779

Also, it should be moved to the "Playable" subforum, or merged with this.
AMD FX-6100 Six-Core 3.30GHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 Turbo 6GB, 12GB DDR3 RAM, SSD, Windows 10 Pro x64
(08-04-2017, 08:49 PM)namad Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 05:17 PM)Acnologia Wrote: Whenever I complete a battle or the item world and return to the castle, I find that the fps drops tremendously. (like from 8-10 fps to 1 fps). And apparently I sometimes see an error code in pink which disables audio at times or makes everything crash while in game ( I should mention here that I am using DX 12 since I don't have vulkan support and it seems better than opengl)

On a side note, does the speed patch make a difference? Maybe I have it in the wrong folder or it does not work with the US or EUR version of the game? Some one plz confirm.

speed patch helps me (a huge amount), on the us version, but I'm using vulkan, it may or may not be vulkan only. Town/castle runs at about half the fps of battles for me, but yes, I've randomly crashed enough times that I stopped playing, will try again another day.

Both Disgaea 4 and D2 have those random crashes but it's not that often also i'm kinda used to it since the games crashed a lot on the Vita as well^^