This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Disgaea 4 [BLUS30727]
Hello! New here.

Going to try and start testing around Disgaea 4 US version since that's the version I have and I can't get it running smoothly even though others have reported full speed for EU and now JP.

Can watch the intro if I wait long enough. But ingame, the FPS is only 25-30 (30-35 with Recompiler for PPU and SPU). Saving and loading seems fine. Music seems fine but a little echo-y. Probably because of the lower FPS.

Current loaded library:
- libadec.sprx
- libatrac3plus.sprx
- libatxdec.sprx
- libavcdec.sprx
- libdmux.sprx
- libdmuxpamf.sprx
- libl10n.sprx
- libpamf.sprx
- libresc.sprx
- librtc.sprx
- libsre.sprx

Windows 10
D3D12
1280x720
NVIDIA GeForce FXT 1060

I attached a log. I don't see any issues concerning library but once again, I'm a scrub.

Pleases and thank you's, It'll be nice to try and get this version to work.

Attached Files
.zip   RPCS3.zip (Size: 61.96 KB / Downloads: 283)
If everything is fine except the frame rate, that is still around 30, we say it's playable because someone out there probably has a CPU twice as fast as yours. BTW, which CPU?
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(02-10-2017, 05:01 PM)ssshadow Wrote: If everything is fine except the frame rate, that is still around 30, we say it's playable because someone out there probably has a CPU twice as fast as yours. BTW, which CPU?

Okay, gotcha! I'd still like to try and beef up the FPS but doesn't seem like it's possible with the current build. My computer may not be up to snuff.

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
(02-10-2017, 05:06 PM)NiceRice Wrote:
(02-10-2017, 05:01 PM)ssshadow Wrote: If everything is fine except the frame rate, that is still around 30, we say it's playable because someone out there probably has a CPU twice as fast as yours. BTW, which CPU?

Okay, gotcha! I'd still like to try and beef up the FPS but doesn't seem like it's possible with the current build. My computer may not be up to snuff.

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Some 5 ghz Kaby Lake i7 could probably reach 60 fps. Of course RPCS3 will become faster and faster with time.

Also there is a duplicate thread of this game ID so I will merge them later, maybe. The old thread is kind of useless though... Yeah, let's archive the old thread. Just put some screenshots in your first post to make it pretty.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(02-10-2017, 01:24 PM)NiceRice Wrote: Hello! New here.

Going to try and start testing around Disgaea 4 US version since that's the version I have and I can't get it running smoothly even though others have reported full speed for EU and now JP.

Can watch the intro if I wait long enough. But ingame, the FPS is only 25-30 (30-35 with Recompiler for PPU and SPU). Saving and loading seems fine. Music seems fine but a little echo-y. Probably because of the lower FPS.

Current loaded library:
- libadec.sprx
- libatrac3plus.sprx
- libatxdec.sprx
- libavcdec.sprx
- libdmux.sprx
- libdmuxpamf.sprx
- libl10n.sprx
- libpamf.sprx
- libresc.sprx
- librtc.sprx
- libsre.sprx

Windows 10
D3D12
1280x720
NVIDIA GeForce FXT 1060

I attached a log. I don't see any issues concerning library but once again, I'm a scrub.

Pleases and thank you's, It'll be nice to try and get this version to work.

thanks
u save my life
Hiya!

So I've been testing through Disgaea 4 US edition and I'm coming across a bug (or glitch or w/e you guys call it around here) where the game will have a chance to freeze periodically. I always encounter this when a specific battle has finished and it tries to load back to the menu. I current went through the battle a total of 4 times with the 4th time finally being able to load after a long pause. Not sure if the problem persists elsewhere.

After the battle, the log constantly repeats this message even after the battle finishes:
E {PPI[0x1000000] Thread (main_thread) [0x00010230]} cellGcmSys: Has wait for more than a second for command buffer to be released by RSX.
(Had to be typed word for word. There could be a misspelling)

I attached the RPCS3 log as well.

Attached Files
.zip   RPCS3.zip (Size: 1.99 MB / Downloads: 131)
Known issue that affects multiple games. Neko is working on it but not much luck so far. But maybe it will be fixed soon.
rpcs3-v0.0.1-2017-02-14-63169d76_win64

libadec.prx
libatrac3multi.elf (prx, sprx)
libatrac3plus.prx (sprx)
libatxdec.prx
libdmux.prx
libdmuxpamf.prx
libfs.prx
libl10n.prx
libmp3dec.prx (sprx)
libmp3enc.sprx
libmp3sdec.sprx
libpamf.prx
libresc.prx
librtc.prx
libsre.prx

PPU - Recompiler
SPU - Recompiler

1280x720, OpenGL, GTX 550Ti

Music work perfect even if FPS at 10-15, battle sounds - crispy, as low FPS. Saves are working. Tutorial battle cleared, some character glitches. When i went to weapon shop, the game crashed after few seconds.

Attached Files
.7z   RPCS3-log.7z (Size: 79.16 KB / Downloads: 99)
AMD FX-8320 (4,3Ghz), GTX 550Ti 1GB, Kingston 4Х4GB 1600Mhz, Vertex 4 128GB, Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
So the game crashes at the weapons shop and is not playable then, thanks for info.