This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem starting up rpcs3.exe
Hello! I just discovered about the rpcs3 emulator last night and downloaded the latest build of it, only to discover that it wouldn't start up on my system. (My system is Windows 8.1 64-bit.)
So anyways, the first problem which I had was that a bunch of DLL files were missing. I easily solved that problem with Google. I obtained 13 of the missing DLL files and copied them all into the rpcs3 folder.
The next problem which I got is an error message which began appearing whenever I tried to run the rpcs3 executable after obtaining all of those missing DLLs. This error message reads:
"The procedure entry point _invalid_parameter_noinfo_noreturn could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Games\PSP\rpcs3.exe"
Does anybody here know how I can solve this problem? I really hope that you guys do. Thanks.
You don't download DLLs from shady google websites... Delete the whole folder and start again.

You're missing Visual Studio C++ 2015 Redis. dependency. If you happen to have it, uninstall it then install http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=48145

Also, I'd recommend reading https://rpcs3.net/quickstart
Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Laptop: Intel i7 6700HQ, Intel HD 530, 2x8G 2133MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: FX-8350, R9 280X, 2x4G 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
(02-07-2017, 02:26 PM)Annie Wrote: You're missing Visual Studio C++ 2015 Redis. dependency. If you happen to have it, uninstall it then install http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=48145
Also, I'd recommend reading https://rpcs3.net/quickstart

Thank you very much for such insight! As it turned out, I really was completely missing this Visual Studio C++ 2015 thing in my system. As soon as I installed that application from your link and reinstalled the RPCS3 then I was finally able to load a blank window of the emulator and browse through the menus.

But now when I followed the instructions of the Quickstart guide and tried to boot a game after copying it into an ID folder, I got the following error message:

---------------------------
Fatal error
---------------------------
Unhandled Win32 exception 0xC0000005.
Segfault writing location 0000000000000000 at 0000000000000000.
Instruction address: 0000000000000000.
RPCS3 image base: 0000000000010000.

So now I am wondering: How can I fix this new error? And what does this new error mean?
What game and what settings? Post the full log file, rpcs3.log. Put it in a .zip to be able to attach here on the forums.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
And what CPU? Make sure it supports SSSE3
The game which I wish to play is Hatsune Miku Project Diva F with the ID# BLUS31319.
According to my laptop's Control Panel the CPU is Intel Core i7-3630QM @2.40GHz.
And I've attached the log file for you to see.

Attached Files
.zip   RPCS3LOG.zip (Size: 115.27 KB / Downloads: 97)
You're using an old build, grab the latest one.
Seems like the game wasn't properly installed as it's complaining its files are empty.
And you didn't load the libraries for the game which are listed in its thread.
OK, I updated the build by downloading rpcs3-v0.0.1-2017-02-08-a1189_win64.zip and extracting it into the same folder to overwrite the old files.
The game was downloaded as an ISO file, so the only way for me to install it was to extract all the contents of the ISO into the precise folder which RPCS3 wanted to have it in, named with the matching ID#. So I did exactly that.
The title of the game shows up in the list of available games when RPCS3 starts, so it is being detected. Furthermore, both the ISO and the extracted files are each occupying almost 6GB of my hard-drive space, so they can't possibly be "empty", but yet I still keep getting that weird error message.
Can you please explain how I load these "libraries" which are needed? Because I can't seem to find this option anywhere in the menus. All I see is configuration options for the keypad controls. If this "loading of libraries" is a long manual procedure done outside of menus then I wish to know the step-by-step points of how to get it done. Thanks for teaching me this stuff. I'm accustomed to the emulators of old consoles which just load all of a game's data from 1 simple BIN file with 1 simple click of a mouse, but there's a first time for everything, and I'm willing to learn.
Thanks again.
Quote:Required files from the PS3's firmware
Due to copyright issues you need a dump of those firmware files from a PS3 console you own.
Both flashATRAC.pic and flashMP3.pic are mandatory to run games.
External .prx/.sprx (LLE) libraries which are used to reach further in the emulation of almost every game.

So you need to get them your own PS3 consoles, that's how you do it legally.
PS3 ISOs may be encrypted, when you create an ISO you may need to decrypt it first to properly unpack it. So, even if the game occupies 6GBs, if the contents are encrypted then it won't work.

You can extract firmware modules from your ps3 or from a software update file called PS3UPDAT.PUP using a PUP extractor. We don't have a guide on that yet, though, but you should be able to find many guides on YouTube for that purpose.